DTW SIDA Badge (ASA)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyguy1226

With the new DTW base coming online for ASA in about 6 weeks, our Mgmt. is now requiring future DTW based crew members to obtain a DTW SIDA badge before June 1. When are we suppose to do this? Day off? Great, but pay! I'm not wasting two (of my already very little) days off to fly to DTW.

Am I missing something in the memo, or is this what they really expect us to do? I understand they will positive space us from one of our current domiciles, but when are we suppose to do this?

Also, from what I have heard, you really don't need a SIDA up there, unless it has changed. You don't need it for jetways, doors, security, etc. It's only good if you park in the parking lot. Has this changed at all or is it still worthless?

With the new DTW base coming online for ASA in about 6 weeks, our Mgmt. is now requiring future DTW based crew members to obtain a DTW SIDA badge before June 1. When are we suppose to do this? Day off? Great, but pay! I'm not wasting two (of my already very little) days off to fly to DTW.

Am I missing something in the memo, or is this what they really expect us to do? I understand they will positive space us from one of our current domiciles, but when are we suppose to do this?

Also, from what I have heard, you really don't need a SIDA up there, unless it has changed. You don't need it for jetways, doors, security, etc. It's only good if you park in the parking lot. Has this changed at all or is it still worthless?

Depending on where your crew room is you might need it to access it.

Every time I have been based in DTW with Mesaba, I was given a hard time getting into the break room and getting down to the aircraft without a SIDA badge. Honest to god, that was the worst part about DTW. They are absolutely oppressive with their damn badges. And yes, we had to get badges on our own time, but that was Mesaba. God's gift to airlines (ASA) may pay you, who knows?

Hey flyguy here is an idea, instead of starting another poor me ASA thread why don't you ask you CP?

Submit an expense report on ourASA.

Last edited:
You could always just wait for somone with a badge to let you down. I went almost 2 years at Pinnacle without having one. Even if you havd a SIDA you still have to wait for the gate agent to verify you before you can go down. It's pretty much useless to have one.

Latest resources

Back