• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Drunk pilot arrested

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, HIMS is a great program where the FAA, ALPA (other union), and the airline management actually see eye to eye on.

It is one of those programs you will be happy is there when you need it. (never say never)

It is true if by won ounce you mean 1 ounce of 100 proof alcohol. A good rule of thumb is a .01 drop in BAC per hr, but this starts after you stop drinking and when your body starts to break down and excrete the alcohol. People with higher amounts of body fat store alcohol longer.

However this does not imply that you will be fit for duty using that chart.

That is assuming that you liver is not shot, and can actually get rid of the alcohol at a standard rate.

I'm not sure what you meant but, based on possible meaning of your post; This isn't sad at all. Get him the hell out. Yeah, maybe give him one chance at some rehab program but, after that, good riddance.

It's sad this individual didn't think of his family and how they would make the mortgage and the put food on the table. It's sad he would rather get wasted with his crew or by himself than keep thing under control. It's sad that he knew of his problem and didn't get help before he got caught. It's sad his f/o didn't call in sick for either of them.

As I said - Sad, just sad!

Baja.

Yes, HIMS is a great program where the FAA, ALPA (other union), and the airline management actually see eye to eye on.

It is one of those programs you will be happy is there when you need it. (never say never)

Don't get me wrong...I wasn't bashing, I was just informing (the largely ignorant crowd here on FI).

Why? Just curious.

Well I can tell you why.

To come forward on your own time and seek help through a substance abuse program then yes a 2nd chance is warranted.

When you get busted being drunk on the job you should be fired and prosecuted, PERIOD!

He literally pissed away his career! NO sympathy here.

Last edited:
Well I can tell you why.

To come forward on your own time and seek help through a substance abuse program then yes a 2nd chance is warranted.

When you get busted being drunk on the job you should be fired and prosecuted, PERIOD!

He literally pissed away his career! NO sympathy here.

I thoroughly disagree. Nanny state politics have made it "more" illegal by dropping the BAC. These days you can't even operate a frylator with a buzz on. Bummer dude. Time was this would have been handled internally. Guess those days have gone the way of hand flying. Oh the horror...

It's illegal to drive planes drunk. That sounds like a decision to me.

Ding dind ding, we have a winner! You can make an argument that the disease made him drink, but there is zero excuse for the "I've been drinking, I'm going flying" part. That was a conscious decision, one that he had clearly made many times.

It's sad this individual didn't think of his family and how they would make the mortgage and the put food on the table. It's sad he would rather get wasted with his crew or by himself than keep thing under control. It's sad that he knew of his problem and didn't get help before he got caught. It's sad his f/o didn't call in sick for either of them.

As I said - Sad, just sad!

Baja.

How do you know he has a family and/or a mortgage? Do you know him? How do you know that his FO knew enough to call in sick for either of them?

Latest resources

Back