• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Drunk pilot arrested

waka

Emasculating the Right
Total Time
4?
Sad...just Sad...Get it together!

Baja.

I'm not sure what you meant but, based on possible meaning of your post; This isn't sad at all. Get him the hell out. Yeah, maybe give him one chance at some rehab program but, after that, good riddance.

ACL65PILOT

Total Time
9000+
I don't think there should be any second chances.

Well lucky for him the Aviation Authorities around the world see Alcoholism as a disease much like cancer. If the carrier that he works for is involved in a substance abuse program he will get a chance, but only after he has done a lot of things correctly.

fly4funcrj

Total Time
5000+
If you come clean VOLUNTARILY, I believe in second chances.. If you are CAUGHT and then say oh sorry, I have a problem...tough sh1t.. These pilots only admit to having a problem when they are caught.. BUH BYE

mynameisjim

Don't try this at home
Total Time
Paycut
I don't believe people caught coming to work drunk should keep their jobs.

If you fess up before being caught then I believe you deserve help and many chances to succeed.

BEfly

Regular User
Total Time
If you come clean VOLUNTARILY, I believe in second chances.. If you are CAUGHT and then say oh sorry, I have a problem...tough sh1t.. These pilots only admit to having a problem when they are caught.. BUH BYE

I agree. Not only should that apply to pilots but to anyone who's job is directly responsible for people's lives.

Amish RakeFight

Registered Loser
Total Time
Not to get Orwellian on you guys, but does anyone think that one day they'll mandate some form of a breathalyzer?