• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Drunk pilot arrested

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not one bit of sympathy here. To stupid to seek help for alcoholism or stupid enough to ruin your career and risk others for tanking yourself on an overnight: Goodbye.

Well lucky for him the Aviation Authorities around the world see Alcoholism as a disease much like cancer. If the carrier that he works for is involved in a substance abuse program he will get a chance, but only after he has done a lot of things correctly.

Are you implying that it is not a disease? If you have seen a loved one go through the agony of alcholism you would most likely realize it is a disease.

Are you implying that it is not a disease? If you have seen a loved one go through the agony of alcholism you would most likely realize it is a disease.

Oh no my friend. I know it is a disease. I have seen it and all of the comments of it not being a disease are just ignorant.
Without going on some sort of long DSM4 rant, people with the disease of alcoholism cannot control it. Trying to put it in logical terms like, "They should know better", "If you come to work drunk....", and the like never cross their minds. They do not see it, can't see it.
Many will never understand those that have this, and that is just fine. There are enough in this industry that do.
This is one thing ALPA and the FAA have been a pioneer in.
When people need help, they normally do not find it, it finds them.

Not one bit of sympathy here. To stupid to seek help for alcoholism or stupid enough to ruin your career and risk others for tanking yourself on an overnight: Goodbye.

You obviously have not a clue about the disease. If it were only that easy.

Oh yeah... I've had (underlined as they're dead) lots of alcoholics in my family. It's in your genes. I'm one the road for a short life myself, unfortunately.

It doesn't really matter whether he has a disease or a drinking problem - does it?

It's illegal to drive planes drunk. That sounds like a decision to me.

Latest resources

Back