• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Drug Spraying S of the border(s)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah but how far back in time can you go with a DeLorean producing that same 7.5 Jiggawatts of power and going 88mph?

Quilpig,

OK, I'll play devil's advocate (although I find no fault with your numbers). How about the potential for the "momentary output" to exceed the electricity consumption of New York City?

Lilah

BTW, many, many years ago a relative was involved with a project that studied the effects of some land based search radar on weapons. It seems the base in question had the bunkers located in such a way that the weapon trailers had to pass by the radar on the way to the flightline. Also, the base supposedly had nukes....food for thought.

You used to be able to see the areas of dead grass in front of the area where the jamming systems were tested on the B-1 at Palmdale. This is just anecdotal evidence of the power of the system, but I found it impressive, having seen it with my own eyes.

Well if you want to get into pulse output, thats a different matter all together. Its not really valid i think, because while it can be extremely high, its also for a very very short amount of time.

414Flyer said:
Well if you want to get into pulse output, thats a different matter all together. Its not really valid i think, because while it can be extremely high, its also for a very very short amount of time.

Exzachary my point as well! It's this kind of interpretation of power output that may lead to these myths. My question was centered on whether or not this pulse output exceeds NYCs momentary power consumption.

Lilah

Lilah said:
You used to be able to see the areas of dead grass in front of the area where the jamming systems were tested on the B-1 at Palmdale. This is just anecdotal evidence of the power of the system, but I found it impressive, having seen it with my own eyes.
Yeah, I've also heard stories of birds flying too close to large radar arrays and dropping out of the sky dead. Probably true, however that's at very close ranges, like the grass. The power of electromagnetic radiation varies inversely with the cube of the distance from the transmitter (if I recall correctly). That means if you double the distance, you get one 8th the power.

The power to kill grass or birds at 10 feet (for example) , drops to one thousandth as much at a hundred feet and one millionth at a thousand feet.

Latest resources

Back