• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dont think scope is a huge deal?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So since they were non-uninon there should be no outrage at getting fired then rehired at a lower wage. Ultimately we, pilots, should be pointing the finger at our selves. If you came from the civilian world you started out at a low pay job and moved up. The pilots at the top gave away the bottom of "their" flying so they could protect something like pay, retierment, work rules or whatever. We end up choosing what is best for us because I know you will not pay my morgage, feed my kids, or keep my electric on. For the better of the proffesion or not, that is the way it is. It is also something called free enterprise. Don't blame the pilots, blame the managers who made the poor decisions that ran the airline into the ground.

Many of us were furloughed including myself that made the choice not to go back to a flying job paying $20000 a year but hold out for one paying a livable wage. Many more have decided not to come back to the industry ever! I choose not to label myself a VICTIM.

It is a shame how the rampers were treated at YX, it was disgusting. However, I do believe that a pilot has a greater vested interest in his career when you look at the cost of training, years of experience required to get hired at a major, not too mention the impact the jobs has on your quality of life. I am not defending what happened but merely sugesting that the level of outrage may be proportional to the vested interest each employee had in their job.

Last edited:
You guys know some Delta pilot is on here saying "They can have them I ain't flying that trainer plane"

And that hubris, is a factor why we have alter ego/express carriers with jets that would have formerly been at the majors. If they could have only checked their ego and not given the farm in terms of airplanes. Sure at first maybe it was only 50 seat CRJs...and then those jets just got bigger and bigger, so now they carry more passengers than many DC-9s did.

While its made more jobs at the regionals, its actually made life there probably worse. Instead of just flying a junkstream for a while then moving up to a major, people are stuck at the regionals, on this never ending merry go round of contracts switched between different majors, resulting in frequent hiring, frequent furloughs, and pilots who have ended up working for multiple regional airlines, with no end in sight to a job that can sometimes now just be a depressing nightmare that happens to be in planes that would have paid much more not that long ago at a major.

I saw on here not that long ago, a pilot for a Major Airline blaming regional pilots or it all and talking about "taking all that flying back". Well good, take it all back, but why the F did you all give it again to begin with? Maybe some people at the majors have size issues they have a complex about.

I saw on here not that long ago, a pilot for a Major Airline blaming regional pilots or it all and talking about "taking all that flying back". Well good, take it all back, but why the F did you all give it again to begin with? Maybe some people at the majors have size issues they have a complex about.

Yep, it's funny how reluctant the "take it back" crowd is to acknowledge what a colossal screw-up giving it away in the first place was.

For the record, Midwest had a scope clause. A very weak 2 paragraphs large enough to fly an EMB-190 through it.

Many of us were furloughed including myself that made the choice not to go back to a flying job paying $20000 a year but hold out for one paying a livable wage. Many more have decided not to come back to the industry ever! I choose not to label myself a VICTIM.

It is a shame how the rampers were treated at YX, it was disgusting. However, I do believe that a pilot has a greater vested interest in his career when you look at the cost of training, years of experience required to get hired at a major, not too mention the impact the jobs has on your quality of life. I am not defending what happened but merely sugesting that the level of outrage may be proportional to the vested interest each employee had in their job.

I can see your points. I think we are more vocal about our, pilots in general, becuase of our vested interest. Like you said in other words. I know very little about what went on, but if in that last flight video was an indication to the averge load of the plane the airline was going to fail eventually. Mgmt not doing a very good job of marketing maybe? among other things

So since they were non-uninon there should be no outrage at getting fired then rehired at a lower wage. Ultimately we, pilots, should be pointing the finger at our selves. If you came from the civilian world you started out at a low pay job and moved up. The pilots at the top gave away the bottom of "their" flying so they could protect something like pay, retierment, work rules or whatever. We end up choosing what is best for us because I know you will not pay my morgage, feed my kids, or keep my electric on. For the better of the proffesion or not, that is the way it is. It is also something called free enterprise. Don't blame the pilots, blame the managers who made the poor decisions that ran the airline into the ground.
Huh? After the first sentence, what's any of this have to do with my post? This is like arguing with my wife.

I can see your points. I think we are more vocal about our, pilots in general, becuase of our vested interest. Like you said in other words. I know very little about what went on, but if in that last flight video was an indication to the averge load of the plane the airline was going to fail eventually. Mgmt not doing a very good job of marketing maybe? among other things
It was not.

If anything at all comes from the MidEx folks getting 100 percent outsourced, it will be that when RAH management finds cheaper labor and RAH pilots loose their jobs because of that cheap labor, they will completely understand.

Latest resources

Back