• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Don't hold your breath for a pilot shortage

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What did I say...TODAY the average VX CA makes less than the average QX CA. Is that or is that NOT a true statement?

Why is it important? Because when I go to Section 6 this summer, the VX Q400 pay rate will drag down the "industry average" management is in love with.

What rate to YOU think my managers will consider? One that is 6 years in the future for VX or the one they're working for today?

Last edited:
What did I say...TODAY the average VX CA makes less than the average QX CA. Is that or is that NOT a true statement?

Why is it important? Because when I go to Section 6 this summer, the VX Q400 pay rate will drag down the "industry average" management is in love with.

What rate to YOU think my managers will consider? One that is 6 years in the future for VX or the one they're working for today?

Fubi - please reread:
"Once again Fubi, if you want to compare pay rates, you need to look at seat AND longevity. By only using one or the other, you can weave a story any way you want. It is called 'half truth' and is used by weak minded people who can't really present an argument on merits."

Don't forget "guarantee," and flight cancelation protection.

Pricing by internet fares forces a race to the bottom. Airlines can only compete by offering less and less. Therefore, there will always be turnover as the profession continues to decline in interest.

Bring airline regulation back.

Alaska 103
Virgin 78
Alliegent 88
Airtran 93
Jetblue(bus) 88

Hard to complete when your airline can't post a profit. But wait, we have a winner!

US Air East (bus) 75!!!

Also don't forget that JB gets time and a half after 75 hours. So hour 75.1-90 is paid at $132/ hour. So a 90 hour month is actually closer to $95/hr. Plus the $13/hr for night flying and extra pay for flag operations.

Guess im lucky. Make over $100k, ski 3-4 days a week in the winter. On the road bike in the summer.. Live in base... I have lots of friends that chased the dream (United, DAL ect..) and have had bad luck.. I would love to think that i could have a chance at "the dream". But for now giving up alot, and taking a chance at that is not on the top of my list.. I hope things change.

Sorry gotta call bullcrap on this one.

Sorry gotta call bullcrap on this one.

If you fly close to the max per year, I say it's possible to make 100k as a senior CA flying an RJ. Our 15 year guy is making $103/hr at 75 hrs/month, they are pushing close to 93k/year, and getting 15-18 days off.

Ok,
I will state the obvious. Anyone who says sugar, sugar on the radio sounds like a '70s Archies tune and may very well be an idiot!

Latest resources

Back