• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dont come to Jetblue if you have a family

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We will limit Doctor's wages like Canada, where all the Doc's in country going on strike is not unheard of.

It is so epically awesome that a pilot encourages fellow pilots to take wage and benefit cuts but then is concerned that doctors may have to have their wages limited.

Way to stand up for our profession.

It is so epically awesome that a pilot encourages fellow pilots to take wage and benefit cuts but then is concerned that doctors may have to have their wages limited.

Way to stand up for our profession.

Could not possibly agree more. He has issues.

Lets see just over 10 grand I doubt that very much.That would be 78 hr at 64 an hour and 53 hours at time and a half. I really doubti with 15 ays off. I am a 320 FO on 6 year pay with holiday and 15 days off will bearly hit that at 98 hr straight pay.

129 hours of credit actually. So yes it is 51 hours of time and a half. I am of course adding in my perdium. Coun't it or not it is money that will get deposited in my bank account in 4 days. I absolutely also spent 15 nights in my bed at home, and I commute. As you know this is very rare. This is a product of Sandy and a few other wx issues that stuck me out of base on nights I was supposed to be in base, and holiday pay. Doubt it all you want, but this did and can happen.

Could not possibly agree more. He has issues.
Hey; as posted before. This board is very pro-union. It stands on a platform that unions can do no harm, and management can do no good. I just happen to not agree with that stance and it is my duty to point out the other side. It is not pure black and white, there is a gray in the middle. A lot of this comes from my personal experiences as a union member. The union activists eternal promise of "more pay and more says off" until of course you have all your days off, without pay. BTW Do whatever you feel is right, and I wish you the best.

129 hours of credit actually. So yes it is 51 hours of time and a half. I am of course adding in my perdium. Coun't it or not it is money that will get deposited in my bank account in 4 days. I absolutely also spent 15 nights in my bed at home, and I commute. As you know this is very rare. This is a product of Sandy and a few other wx issues that stuck me out of base on nights I was supposed to be in base, and holiday pay. Doubt it all you want, but this did and can happen.

Not saying I don't believe you at all. Just saying even JA,premium and holiday all together are hard to reach 10k on second year pay. Not the norm and far from it. With lower bid divisors all year most that I have spoken with have taken a pay cut. Let me know if you actually get paid what you think you are due, as things change all the time in rainmaker. I did a trip that was JA + Premium that showed up and was changed. Requested pay ----- denied. Hope it works out for you.

Yeah no kidding.. I know of a lot of furloughed guys/gals who would like to have a job. No matter where it might be. It will be awesome watching just out of flight school 1500 ATP's get hired at JB over the next few years.. Meanwhile kicking the nuts of those who are truly qualified, but too experienced in the ways of wanting to be treated well.

I know HA is probably a pretty good job if you can afford to move out there and all, but don't they hire CFI's from the neighboring islands?

Not saying I don't believe you at all. Just saying even JA,premium and holiday all together are hard to reach 10k on second year pay. Not the norm and far from it. With lower bid divisors all year most that I have spoken with have taken a pay cut. Let me know if you actually get paid what you think you are due, as things change all the time in rainmaker. I did a trip that was JA + Premium that showed up and was changed. Requested pay ----- denied. Hope it works out for you.

Well as of now rainmaker is showing Payment 1 at 35 hours and Payment 2 at 93.67 hours so we shall see. Believe me I am more interested to see what happens in a couple days here than you are. As I said in my original post this is not normal, in fact it is far from normal. Based on my last year I am averageing 14 days off and 91 hours of credit. I give up days off to get my weekends off. However it can obviously happen. All I was trying to say here in my original post is that it isn't all bad here. We have a bunch of internet tough guys that do nothing, but complain and say how bad it is here at JB. Yes things need improveing, but they are not as bad as some of these guys make it out to be. (Disclaimer) I am a yes vote. So calm down guys before you have a hissy fit that I said things aren't all bad at JB.

I have noticed though none of our internet tough guys have found me an example of a 2nd year FO who spent 15 days at home while commuting, and grossed 10k in one month at a passenger airline yet.

I know HA is probably a pretty good job if you can afford to move out there and all, but don't they hire CFI's from the neighboring islands?

I've never heard of a CFI getting hired? Some lower time guys with alot of connections,,sure....But it does seem that this year they reversed that trend and have been hiring very experienced guys, and many international pilots from overseas carriers.

At no time have I ever witnessed Hawaiian advertise a program like this. Especially with hundreds, if not thousands, on furlough right now who can't find a job to save their life.

It's not about the program, or how little experience these guys will have. But it is about understanding WHY JB would be accepting to this type of program. And with so many experienced pilots out of work, I can only surmise that they are looking for guys who will

1) be happy to fly a jet
2)Be inexperienced enough to fall for the usual management BS
3) Will not leave for another carrier anytime soon

I've never heard of a CFI getting hired? Some lower time guys with alot of connections,,sure....But it does seem that this year they reversed that trend and have been hiring very experienced guys, and many international pilots from overseas carriers.

At no time have I ever witnessed Hawaiian advertise a program like this. Especially with hundreds, if not thousands, on furlough right now who can't find a job to save their life.

It's not about the program, or how little experience these guys will have. But it is about understanding WHY JB would be accepting to this type of program. And with so many experienced pilots out of work, I can only surmise that they are looking for guys who will

1) be happy to fly a jet
2)Be inexperienced enough to fall for the usual management BS
3) Will not leave for another carrier anytime soon

You may be partly correct, but these programs take considerable time to get through all the hoops, and I think this is laying the groundwork to have some pilots in the pipeline for the future for when pilots are in much greater demand, and every airline but the big 3-4 are struggling to get enough pilots.

Our CEO, as well as Delta's has expressed concern about a shortage of pilots in the coming years.

Last edited:

I am very happy to report I was paid everything owed to me exactly as I thought it would be. I will in fact gross over just a little over 10k in my pay checks this month. That was with 15 days spent in my own bed during the month of November while commuting. Not normal in the least, however this can happen. So again for all of the guys out there thinking of coming to JB do as much research as possible. There are some improvements that need to be made at JB, but as of this morning I can tell ya there are some pretty great things about JB also. That being said I issue a word of caution based on the original intent of this post. If you have a family and depend primarily on JB health insurance. You better have an $8800 medical emergency fund saved up when you get here because you are going to need it.

Latest resources

Back