• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dont come to Jetblue if you have a family

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thank you for comparing apples to paper clips.
Thank you for the fascinating response, apples and paper clips are both objects therefore they have something in common, the same as JB and Hostess when labour action is involved.

Yip you are a moron. You have absolutely no clue as to what you speak of, you don't work for the airline, you've never worked for an airline that made many any money, you have no knowledge of what the pilot group deals with day in an day out, which, in short, renders the majority of your posts and opinions regarding anything Jetblue related ignorant.

Yip you are a moron. You have absolutely no clue as to what you speak of, you don't work for the airline, you've never worked for an airline that made many any money, you have no knowledge of what the pilot group deals with day in an day out, which, in short, renders the majority of your posts and opinions regarding anything Jetblue related ignorant.
Alice you are so funny, and so FI, see something you don't like and resort to name calling. But we have been here before so it is not an issue. But back to basics, you post on a public site, expect public comment. BTW What is "many any money"? As far my background you know I have dead ALPA and IBT airlines in my history.:p

This board is very pro-union. It stands on a platform that unions can do no harm, and management can do no good. I just happen to not agree with that stance and it is my duty to point out the other side. A lot of this comes from my personal experiences as a union member. The union activists eternal promise of "more pay and more says off" until of course you have all your days off, without pay.

And again, Yip, I'll ask if you think the pilots at UPS, SWA, FDX, or DAL would make what they make without collective bargaining.

And again, Yip, I'll ask if you think the pilots at UPS, SWA, FDX, or DAL would make what they make without collective bargaining.
Everyone always brings up the top three SWA, F and U when they talk about how good unions are. They are profitable companies that can share with their employees. But at DAL the union was part of negotiating a big pay cut.

However when a union pushes management into a corner with a strike threat, the company often has to do things they not to be in their best interest. Reference GM in 1994 when they knew they could not afford the union contract in the long term, but knew that would be less devastating than a strike in the short term for a company that had borrowed to the limit and needed the cash flow to stay solvent.

As per above their are two sides to every story. This is a public site, expect public comment.

BTW: Of course we are not listing the companies that had unions and are no longer paying any employees.

Aww give YIP a break..He did work at Zantop back in the 80's after all. He must know what he's talking about..:laugh:

YIP, working for a fly by night, trying everything shady they can to make a buck.. Does not constitute insider knowledge....

Zantop management was well known for hating Unions and doing everything they could to circumvent unions.... Which should have put you right in with a management position...

The reason unions are generally supported on FI is because we all worked very hard and spent a small fortune to get where we are, and some of us would like to prosper without having to stab our co-workers in the back to do so. Nor do many of us want to spend a career sucking up to management at every turn. And also because of the type of work we do it is important to have set limits on schedules, bidding, seniority etc...

There is a reason your operation up there in MI is not the pillar of aviation companies.... You don't really gather much respect when you spout off your rhetoric, yet work for a bottom tier aviation company but try to dispell those of us who work at high level companies...

same goes with your lack of a degree rhetoric... It's easy for you to say "a degree is useless in aviation"... but then look at the companies those without a degree end up working... (here's a clue, it's not UPS, FEDEX, Delta, SWA etc) So go tell a youngster he doesn't need a degree, just tell him he will most likely never work for a highly respectible company...

Here's another bit of information for you.. when a companies management team, like GM, designs and builds really really awful cars. It should not be the employees who suffer pay cuts etc... When a company like Hostess goes through BK just a few short years ago and takes from employees, they should not expect to be able to do it again in a couple years.. They made really unhealthy products in a time when more and more people are becoming health conscious. They should have come up with better ideas. After all that is what the talent is supposed to do. That is why they get those huge retainer bonuses.

Last edited:
Give me a break. Total BS. These healthcare changes have been a national trend for more than a decade, in all industries and many local governments. My father in law is a fire chief for a large city. They changed to a JetBlue style health plan 4 years ago. I suppose that was Obama's fault also.

As healthcare starts to cost more and more to cover those entitled, costs are going up disproportionately more as a result of Obamacare.

As healthcare starts to cost more and more to cover those entitled, costs are going up disproportionately more as a result of Obamacare.
until DC puts cost controls in place by rationing healthcare, making economic decisions on should this procedure be done on a 85 years old person. If that doesn't work we will make it a 70 years old person, and finally a 55 year old person. We will limit Doctor's wages like Canada, where all the Doc's in country going on strike is not unheard of. Just standby England here we come. A private health system than only takes Cash, MC, Visa and Amex will grow up is this country like Mexico. The truly rich and those in Gov't jobs will have great health care. The rest us will be using the Getto Health Clinic.

BTW in late 90's during a hiring boom both NWA and UAL hired pilots without degrees.

Latest resources

Back