Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hotel budget - email the hotel committee

Training center - ask any instructor

Reserves - look at the awards, email the scheduling committee, ask crew services

Premium pay - Look at your PEA, email the 4 previous PVC members who agreed to this along with previous comp and benefits committee members appointed by Jetblue. Their names are all over the message boards.

I said it is planned and has begun to some extent.. You want to bet me $1000 that you will fly more and premium pay will be reduced further in the name of efficiencies in the next 12 months?

I had 4 months in the last 12 where i got not premium pay. Guess how many months in the last 8 years i didnt get premium? ZERO with the exception of the 1 month i was on reserve.

You want to bet that we will have an attendance policy showed down our throats?

I also disagree that JB will have an endless supply of applicants. They have ALREADY started hiring ex cape air 402 pilots that have ZERO turbine or jet time either sic or pic. I am talking never once pushed forward a condition lever.

Why would any regional FO come to JB with the prospect of zero upgrade, horrible insurance, no growth beyond narrowbody, and pay 30% lower than the peerset when the majors with fresh contracts are hiring 100-200 pilots per month to fill retirements?

You would have to be stupid to waste your time here when the real hiring begins

Reserves being flown more.. Company plan is to have the reserve fly 65 hours per month that way you can still have a buffer for irops but nevr make premium pay.

Been on Reserve for 6 years on the bus, broke guarantee once.....have not noticed any increase in being flown

jetblue for 2013 will officially have the worst healthcare coverage in the industry on Jan 1.

for 2013 jetblue has increased healthcare cost and decreased coverage considerably. ppo and traditional plans removed in favor of an hsa as the only option.

comparable to blue care 3 2012 option which was $60 per month New green plan cost is $300 per month

10% increase in employee copay, er copay doubled to $300, family deductible increased from $800 to $2600, reaching deductible does not count towards employee max out of pocket expense, and there is no " existing condition " carry in for the new year and everyear thereafter.

It is very important these facts are provided as many potential pilot candidates refrence this site and they need to know that jb is offering the worst and highest cost coverage in the industry.

In addition the BOD has directed every department to cut cut cut budgets in an attempt to increase shareholder value. The only place they can gut is the employees..

Hotel budget for 2013 was just cut 12% which means lower quality hotels for crews.

Training center instructors just notified that they are being cut from A320 FO pay based on 90hrs per month to 70 hrs per month. This is a $2500-$3000 paycut for every instructor there

Reserves being flown more.. Company plan is to have the reserve fly 65 hours per month that way you can still have a buffer for irops but nevr make premium pay.

That above has cut premium pay ( time over 78hrs paid at 150% ) from 15% of flt ops budget down to 2%. Most pilots are making nearly $10,000 less this year even though we had a longevity increase and a 2.2% payraise.

management salaries have increased nearly 78% in the last three years

This is all my opinion based on what i have seen and read do your own research for verification. Ask questions, gather facts,

That's not just crazy, that's Jetblue crazy! As for the medical benefits, you can thank Obama.

I also disagree that JB will have an endless supply of applicants. They have ALREADY started hiring ex cape air 402 pilots that have ZERO turbine or jet time either sic or pic. I am talking never once pushed forward a condition lever.
But that's the GateWay bridge program with Embry Riddle, Cape Air, and JetBlue. An applicant at ERAU in the GateWay program interviews at Cape Air, and Jetblue, then flies for several years at Cape Air, then gets a class date at JetBlue.

That's not just crazy, that's Jetblue crazy! As for the medical benefits, you can thank Obama.

Give me a break. Total BS. These healthcare changes have been a national trend for more than a decade, in all industries and many local governments. My father in law is a fire chief for a large city. They changed to a JetBlue style health plan 4 years ago. I suppose that was Obama's fault also.

But that's the GateWay bridge program with Embry Riddle, Cape Air, and JetBlue. An applicant at ERAU in the GateWay program interviews at Cape Air, and Jetblue, then flies for several years at Cape Air, then gets a class date at JetBlue.

I applied to JB in 2010 with 7000 mostly jet hours.. Large number of recs. and no blemishes on my record... Couldn't even get invited to an open house.... Having some sort of Bridge Program with Cape Air where a guy in a recip gets a class date is pretty strange when there are lots of qualified guys still outta work.. My bet is they know the Cape Air guy #1 isn't going anywhere soon, and #2 isn't going to bitch about medical, because "hey, it beats Cape Air or another regional".....

JB would have saved my family alot of frustration and life altering adjustments.. But hey, since when does experience matter over someone willing to take it in the rear for years just because they're happy to be in a jet with cool computer screens:D

Why do we, as pilots, take our single examples and extrapolate that out to the whole system?

"I didn't get hired, so they must not be hiring anyone with xxx experience..."

Maybe you didn't get hired because one if your recs was on a S list somewhere? Maybe you just got unlucky?

Almost everyone I fly with was a Captain at one of the regionals, had good recs, and are a pleasure to fly with. They are good guys and gals who I wouldn't be surprised to see leave when the majors start hiring.

Last edited:

Been on Reserve for 6 years on the bus, broke guarantee once.....have not noticed any increase in being flown

JG...That is because you are a salty old dog who has been around the block. You should know, the grey hair and expanding waistline don`t come without a price to pay ;-) Merry Christmas and my regards to the family.......

Latest resources

Back