• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dont come to Jetblue if you have a family

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The only thing JetBlue listens to is market forces. When the mass exodus to the majors starts and they can't fill the seats, things will change. Just like in '07. The rest is lip service.

I think you're spot on. In '07 people were turning their noses up....Then turned into the place to be when nobody was hiring. I think they'll catch up once United reaches an agreement and people leave for there.

Hotel budget - email the hotel committee

Training center - ask any instructor

Reserves - look at the awards, email the scheduling committee, ask crew services

Premium pay - Look at your PEA, email the 4 previous PVC members who agreed to this along with previous comp and benefits committee members appointed by Jetblue. Their names are all over the message boards.

I did as you asked and sent an email to a few of the guys I know at OSC, they all say that the instructor pay is still the same and it was just a rumor. As for the reserve thing, I will let you know when I break 65, doubt it will be anytime soon. Also with over 25 trips in 190 fo opentime in BOS feel free to pick something up and get that extra pay and maybe I can get a long call day. We have things to fix here, but you guys do not help by telling lies. You like facts so much try to stick to them.

Payne,

Have you been completely blind in the last 3 years?

Nobody making lies here

Healthcare? check

pay? check

Premium? check

Compensation review failing timelines every year ? check

compensation review going forward being cancelled by management? check

OOH did i mention the 300% increase in healthcare on jan 1?

retirement fix? 5+3=13? check

If only there was a way to stand up for ourselves and actually negotiate health benefits, work rules, retirement, etc, etc. Got representation? Your boss certainly does.

If only there was a way to stand up for ourselves and actually negotiate health benefits, work rules, retirement, etc, etc. Got representation? Your boss certainly does.
did wonders for the Hostess workers

Why do we, as pilots, take our single examples and extrapolate that out to the whole system?

"I didn't get hired, so they must not be hiring anyone with xxx experience..."

Maybe you didn't get hired because one if your recs was on a S list somewhere? Maybe you just got unlucky?

Not complaining about not getting interviewed... complaining about how with all the people out there (in general, not myself), who are furloughed, have spent 10 years in an RJ's, have loads of military/airline experience etc.... have trouble getting interviewed at a deteriorating place like JB, but then they'll start a bridge program with a place like Cape Air that allows generally much less experienced guys a way in.

To me that screams of JB wanting to fill their roster with guys who will not be going anywhere anytime soon, and who will be happy becasue it's better than their last gig.

I ended up landing a great job, so JB not working out was a blessing in disguise. But for all the other guys wanting to get to JB, it sucks for them that they may be "too experienced" to be successful at JB.

I followed JB from their start up days. Back 6+ years ago it was very uncommon to hear so many complaints about JB....

But I do agree that a very plausible scenario in my case was a rec being on someones S list. I believe they were going through a Union drive last time I applied a few years ago. And I'm fairly certain some of my recs may have been vocal drive leaders.

Last edited:
I did as you asked and sent an email to a few of the guys I know at OSC, they all say that the instructor pay is still the same and it was just a rumor. As for the reserve thing, I will let you know when I break 65, doubt it will be anytime soon. Also with over 25 trips in 190 fo opentime in BOS feel free to pick something up and get that extra pay and maybe I can get a long call day. We have things to fix here, but you guys do not help by telling lies. You like facts so much try to stick to them.

You misunderstood my post. I was suggesting you do what you did. Ask questions.

Latest resources

Back