• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dont come to Jetblue if you have a family

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am very happy to report I was paid everything owed to me exactly as I thought it would be. I will in fact gross over just a little over 10k in my pay checks this month. That was with 15 days spent in my own bed during the month of November while commuting. Not normal in the least, however this can happen. So again for all of the guys out there thinking of coming to JB do as much research as possible. There are some improvements that need to be made at JB, but as of this morning I can tell ya there are some pretty great things about JB also. That being said I issue a word of caution based on the original intent of this post. If you have a family and depend primarily on JB health insurance. You better have an $8800 medical emergency fund saved up when you get here because you are going to need it.

Glad it worked out, but remember you worked hard to get it. It is not the norm and having to credit so many hours to make that is insane. IROP's don't happen every month and therefore even if you credit 90 hours a month that is only just over 6000.00 per month. It would also not happen with 15 days off at home. Have a great holiday and spend some of that hard earned money on family.

I guess the real question would be, why can't a 2nd year FO make 10k a month on a normal basis?

Without having to whore out to FLICA or get "lucky" with an IROP and a day of holiday pay...

I guess the real question would be, why can't a 2nd year FO make 10k a month on a normal basis?

Without having to whore out to FLICA or get "lucky" with an IROP and a day of holiday pay...

They do, Brother Beach, they do. They are called SWA, FDX FO's...

And for only $199 you too can join our club and possibly get $10,000 per month with 15 days in your own bed. Its for real !!! I didnt believe it either just get three of your friends to sign up and >>>>>>>

Give it a rest FO what do you know? seriously 14 months ago you were slinging gear on a jungle jet for for $30 and hour.. There are disturbing trends happening here that you couldnt see if you wanted to. Its not all about comparing this to your last gig that blew

PS i am happy that the information regarding instructor pay turned out to be incorrect. There were small group wtf meetings goin on down there and instructors really upset. Maybe mgmt made a quick decisoion not to throw that match on the fire

PS i am happy that the information regarding instructor pay turned out to be incorrect. There were small group wtf meetings goin on down there and instructors really upset. Maybe mgmt made a quick decisoion not to throw that match on the fire

Believe it or not, this was on the table and was a very real suggestion. It also involved taking the instructors off of a salary based system and paying them per event.

There was never talk about pay cuts nor did they have WTF meeting.
And why would you throw a match into a fire. sounds wasteful

:)

Believe it or not, this was on the table and was a very real suggestion. It also involved taking the instructors off of a salary based system and paying them per event.

No reason to get all excited about pay cuts that were never discussed.
Pay per event, however, would actually be a pay increase for most Instructors and is indeed subject of discussions.

Blueside so are you saying i just made it up for no reason? The information came from the horses mouth all i did was passa long what i heard. What else do you want to defend? our healthcare? reduction in premium? refusal to address committee research? fsm 07 10?????

what else are we all wrong about?

Plus lets stick to the real issue healthcare? JB now has the worst in the airline industry.. with no tradional plan offerings..

Guys regardlss of anyones position here do your research ask questions and get facts..

The bottom line is that if you have a family and use the benefits they will cost you up to $20,000 per year and any pre existing carry in health issue resets each year.

Also deductible does not count towards max out of pocket.

No reason to get all excited about pay cuts that were never discussed.
Pay per event, however, would actually be a pay increase for most Instructors and is indeed subject of discussions.

I'm sure the same dork squad that forecasted the value of new hire options also valued pay per event pay scheme.

Bluejet is only about taking from one pocket and putting it in another and calling it a raise.

Latest resources

Back