Don't bother reading this

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
in response to nasty girl

You wanted to know why barely-do-nothing-managers make 100k a year and don't get laid off, while us pilots suffer. I splain it to you. Pilots are basically excitement junkies that can't do anything else because they are addicted to the job. Managers tried flying and couldn't figure out why people would beat themselves up so much to do such a sucky job. In other words they couldn't fly worth sh*t. Since they did not catch the flying bug themselves they were able to cooly evaluate the "big picture" and figure out that you wouldn't make squat being a pilot, but you could make a bundle managing pilots. Further, since they cannot figure out why flying is fun they do their best to make it not fun. Just a theory of mine and I know that there are exceptions, mainly the people at the company I currently work for.

I gotta say this about coming to work for Netjets or any other fractional out there or company for that matter. When you go and interview with an organization you find out as much about it as possible. For me it was talking to every EJA pilot I saw out on the cape or islands or whereever I could find them. Get the big picture. I was lucky a few years ago and knew what I was getting into. I knew the pay was not the upper end, and things were not perfect but could get better. If you didn't know that the gig was gonna be hard before you got here, then the pilot is clueless. I flew the ultra and now I fly the 800. I've had lots of hard days, but I wouldn't say they were hard, I'd say it was a challenge. Flying for an airline would be far to boring for someone like me. Fracs keeps my mind resonably active, and the change keeps things interesting.

I read another post about dirinking on the road and what good is an overnight if you can't have a beer with your dinner. What the F#(*$ over? If you need to have a beer with your dinner or your life is not gonna be the same then maybe you should re-evaluate your life and your goals and character for that matter. I love beer and all its fluid friends. But on the road you are property of NJA. You should have known that when you were hired. This isn't the same game as the airlines, never has been and never will be. I just hope in the next contract that we have a minimum rest period of atleast 12 hours or more. Not for the bottle to throttle rule but to get more rest.

Life on the road for NJA. I believe you make the most of it, if your lucky to get a long island overnight you take advantage of it and appreciate it all the more. If your stuck in TEB on a 10 hour turn and have a dawn patrol the next day, well then thats just life at NJA. DEAL WITH IT!

If after a year you don't like the job and its to hard for you and the company has all these problems, and you can't have a beer with your meal, and the training department is all messed up and the customer service part of the job is such a headache, and the flying is so tough, and middle management no bodies make more money then you, and you have a small pecker and your girlfriend is fat, and your losing your hair and starting to fantisize about doing animals, then maybe you should just QUIT THE F'N JOB!

Or be patient and vote for the next contract by actually using your brain, instead of whatever your using when you post on this board.

This is dedicated to the m.92 dude on the top of this page and to his gripe about life on the road.

I also wasn't trying to offend anyone that actually likes to fantisize about animals or actually do animals. To each his or her own.

sparticusflt said:
and your girlfriend is fat,

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm..........whats wrong with fat chicks???? I like em all!! hehe

gump:D

:eek:

Slight Over Reaction

:mad: Some of you civilians crack me up. You guys take life a little too seriously. Nice job hiding your weak response from a topic in another thread in this thread. Are you afraid of hammered by responses? You totally pissed me off with what you wrote. Do you really think that guys can’t do without a beer at dinner? Of course we can. It was a simple @#$%en question about the length of layovers. Are you saying you never had a beer with dinner, you f@#$en hypocrite? Who the hell do you think you are saying that I need re-evaluate my goals and character? Guess what, stop-loss is over, all of my military buddies are coming to work with you. It won’t take long for us to find the “tool in the shed,” and when you apply with a major, the word will be out.

Re: Slight Over Reaction

CCDiscoB said:
:mad: Some of you civilians crack me up. You guys take life a little too seriously. You totally pissed me off with what you wrote. Do you really think that guys can’t do without a beer at dinner? Are you saying you never had a beer with dinner?

I'm not sure which one of you two overreacted more.
CC, you kind of contradicted yourself. You said you COULD go a week without drinking which is what he was talking about in the first place. So what's the deal?

You would think, that seeing 4 fellow aviators in handcuffs in the last three months that guys would lay off for a while. Keep this up and there WILL be a pilot shortage.

CCDiscoB said:
:mad: Some of you civilians crack me up. You guys take life a little too seriously. Nice job hiding your weak response from a topic in another thread in this thread. Are you afraid of hammered by responses? You totally pissed me off with what you wrote. Do you really think that guys can’t do without a beer at dinner? Of course we can. It was a simple @#$%en question about the length of layovers. Are you saying you never had a beer with dinner, you f@#$en hypocrite? Who the hell do you think you are saying that I need re-evaluate my goals and character? Guess what, stop-loss is over, all of my military buddies are coming to work with you. It won’t take long for us to find the “tool in the shed,” and when you apply with a major, the word will be out.

Hey CC!

This link's for you.

http://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org/

Cheers,

gump;)

You're right JP. I bet he is a much better pilot than me. Heck, I am not even qualified to carry his flightbag.

gump

CCDiscoB said:

What the hell are you smokin? I wasn't after you by any means. If you read who I was posting my message to then maybe you would understand. I wasn't trying to seperate the military from civilian or do any crap like that. Me say I've never had a beer with dinner or don't enjoy beer or all the other liquid flavors? What the f'ck are you thinking. Sounds like you might have to take your lithium perscription up a notch. Goto your happy place.

Where the hell are they finding these people?

Latest resources

Back