Don't bother reading this

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sparticusflt,

DEAL WITH IT? Are you implying that a Netjet pilot should just suck-it-up and fly fatigued? That is the gist I am getting from your message. Are you aware that fatigue and alcohol have nearly the same negative effects on pilot performance? Are you saying it is wrong to have a beer while you are on the road, but it is o.k. to fly tired due to a short layover (10 hours) because both are clearly within the guidelines as they are spelled out in NJA's FOM?

NJA will never admit that their schedules are fatiguing. Neither will the company that I work for. They simply put the onus on us, to remove ourselves if we can't safely continue. If we don't, and we have an accident that can be attributed to pilot fatigue, rest assured they will let us hang to save their own asses.

Don't take this as a personal attack. I just get so fed up with the DEAL WITH IT and fly fatigued attitude. To continue to violate FAR's 91.13 / 61.53 until you negotiate better rest rules in your next contract is foolish and irresponsible. If NJA has a problem with you following the FAR's, maybe it's time to DEAL WITH IT and move on to a more responsible company. [/B][/QUOTE]

Alright lets try this again. No it is not alright to fly fatigued, yes it is dangerous. If you've been at NJA for a while you would know that it is ok to call in tired. I've never had a problem with this. Maybe you didn't sleep enough after a 14 and 10. Maybe you had a 16 hour rest period and didn't fly a whole lot the day before, but your neighbors in the next room did the wild thing all night long and the woman was screaming like a banshi. Your tired and you have a right to notify company and tell them that your not safe to fly.

The whole DEAL WITH IT issue is one that is gonna have to remain until the contract gets finished. You know when your tired or when your not. None of us like 14 and 10's. If anybody does then I have never heard of them. Until the minimum rest moves up to atleast 12 hours from the time you get to the hotel then we are somewhat screwed. Now my issue with DEAL WITH IT was involving the entertainment factor on our overnights. It is my belief that you make the most of the situation. If your are in the islands and have a 16 hour overnight then you better have as much fun as possible and take advantage of the situation. If you are in TEB on the 10 hour layover then, gee guess what this sucks. If you did not get enough rest then it is up to you to notify company that your tired. If you do not say anything then they are just gonna keep running you long and hard. I'm at a stage in the game where I am gonna flow with the tide, until the MEC tells us whats on the aginda, and what they want us to do.
Fire away.

Latest resources

Back