• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Don't bother getting a B737 type rating - B737 Captains turned away

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Getting your 737 type demonstrates to SWA that they are your #1 choice. The company wants pilots who WANT to work at SWA due to their unique culture. They do not want pilots who are just looking for a good job.

That is the biggest horse s#$t that has ever being posted on FI. They require the type for one reason only, It saves them money by assuring a very high pass rate during their training because their candidates have double the sim time than anybody else. I know all about the "LUV" laced koolaid and all but lets keep it real people. Give me a freaking break

That is the biggest horse s#$t that has ever being posted on FI. They require the type for one reason only, It saves them money by assuring a very high pass rate during their training because their candidates have double the sim time than anybody else. I know all about the "LUV" laced koolaid and all but lets keep it real people. Give me a freaking break

I agree that REQUIRING the type saves the company money.

However, if you want to be called for the interview (especially if you are non-military), the best way is to get the type. I was told this by a SWA ACP. It has been historically accurate (ever since they removed the type requirement for the interview.)

I am not a Kool-Aid drinker, and I am not a SWA hater. I am someone that can look at the facts and see the truth for what it is. Like I said before, whether you like it or not, it is what it is.

Maybe they turned him away cause he's a butthole.

Gup

That works more than one way...I know of a major butthole that made life for about 1200 pilots hell for a few years and SWA hired him. I am pretty sure Ben Stillers character in Dodge Ball was based on this guy. Identical match!

Did the 737 CA show up with a yellow lanyard and build his time flying a 737 with a bastardization of the US flag on the tail?

There are some ingredients they would just as soon leave out of the recipe!

There are some ingredients they would just as soon leave out of the recipe!

Your own experience notwithstanding, they've hired CAL pilots before and they'll hire more. As long as D.L. and other CAL types (probably you!) don't try to screw things up for them.

BTW: I'll be the first to admit they wouldn't hire me.

I for one would use flightinfo only as a guide not your sole source for information. If you want to work at SWA do not stop trying and whether you get you type rating now or later if that is where you truly want to be go for it. My type rating sat unused six years between interviews. I know it is a lot of money with no guarantees, but your attitude and persiverance will show through in your application process. Good luck.

Latest resources

Back