• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Does Republic still suck?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe he was comparing lifestyles. I worked 135 on-demand charter and was on a pager 24/7. I got a call one night and was gone for 10 days straight. Going from that schedule to a regional airline was great. I had hard days off, what a concept! Even with jr. manning life was 100% better.

I respectfully disagree. I am flying corporate/charter now and would rather cut off my own left nut than go to work for Republic.

It's bad but not as bad as some people make it out to be. .

Come on, are you serious? You are exactly the kind of guy that management wants working here! That's why we will never get a respectable contract around here! I'm just afraid that there are way too many guys with this kind of mentality to actually make a change around here. :uzi:

Originally Posted by Captain Morgan
It's bad but not as bad as some people make it out to be. .

Are you kidding? What is so "no bad" about it? Crap hotels, low pay, management treats you like dirt, contract sucks, and I could go on and on. My favorite part was working 14 hours a day, flip-flopping my body clock day to day, oh and reserve was a blast too. Even a line sucks over there.

If a pilot needs the flying experience to get to the major airlines, and they don't get that experience in the military, how do they get it? Even though there are no good regionals to fly for, is there one or two that are OK to fly for?

Come on, are you serious? You are exactly the kind of guy that management wants working here! That's why we will never get a respectable contract around here! I'm just afraid that there are way too many guys with this kind of mentality to actually make a change around here. :uzi:

I am serious, and I think you, like many F/O's at RAH, are overreacting. Maybe because the upgrade isn't 1-2 years like it used to be I don't know. I swear most of the F/O's around here are about to jump off a cliff or slit their wrists. This is not to say I'm a management lackey, but seriously, people need a reality check. Relax, and when the vote come for a new contract then you can voice your opinion with a vote. You are just spinning your wheels and wasting your own energy at this time.

Are you kidding? What is so "no bad" about it? Crap hotels, low pay, management treats you like dirt, contract sucks, and I could go on and on. My favorite part was working 14 hours a day, flip-flopping my body clock day to day, oh and reserve was a blast too. Even a line sucks over there.

I will agree that management treats you like dirt, but what did you expect? Did you really think that they'd roll out the red carpet and invite you for an afternoon on the back nine? As for the 14 hours a day, I've worked 19 hours flying a Falcon 900 corporate part 91. Yeah, part 91, no rules have fun with that!

...Did you really think that they'd roll out the red carpet and invite you for an afternoon on the back nine...?

Actually, I think a lot of them did expect that and are now throwing fits. After all, throwing fits always worked in the past.

There is a lot that needs fixing. Unfortunately there are a lot who are upset that nobody has fixed it for them.

Actually, I think a lot of them did expect that and are now throwing fits. After all, throwing fits always worked in the past.

There is a lot that needs fixing. Unfortunately there are a lot who are upset that nobody has fixed it for them.

+1

It's still unbelieveable that they went there to chase an upgrade!!! Anyone hear of Murphy's Law? That mighty B1900 time is they key right to the left seat of an E-Jet!! lol dumba$$es

Latest resources

Back