Does Republic still suck?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bigbird

I used to work at Republic and was lucky enough to get out of that hell-hole. A friend of mine is looking to get on with a regional. I wouldnt recommend it to him, but I was wondering if it has gotten any better over there?

I used to work at Republic and was lucky enough to get out of that hell-hole. A friend of mine is looking to get on with a regional. I wouldnt recommend it to him, but I was wondering if it has gotten any better over there?

morale here is rock bottom, but its a crap shoot with any regional, todays top regional can be hell tomorow. when i started here in 2006 most of the guys/gals I flew with were pretty happy, now id say 75%+ are not.

Things have been in a steady downward slide since early 2008...things dropped of a cliff with this F9 and YX nonsense. I'd tell your buddy to look elsewhere.

I left the Chautauqua side a few years ago. Back then it was good times but movement was insanely quick. From friends still there I hear morale is really bad for all RAH carriers right now. But that is true for any regional that has been stagnant and they all are at the moment. At least with RAH you have something different from the rest. Many bases. Of course you have no idea which one you will get. Many different types some of which are useful. I.e. the 170 type is flown by not just regionals. A chance for a different business model. At least they are trying something different. BB saw the light long time ago. As much as I hate the guy he has proven to be a smart leader. If anyone has a chance to fight he may. Regionals will have a hard time hanging on to contracts with oil prices and scope. They will be fighting for their very survival in the next years.

Morale alone would not deter me from going there. At the end they are all the same. You wake up, fly the jet 5+ legs, get your reduced rest and repeat.

But this is just what I think. Good luck to your bud!

Last edited:
Do some research, find the fastest upgrade and take it. Get out asap to a real airline.

I heard attrition is so bad at Republic its causing major flight cancellations. I cant believe they wouldnt treat crews decent enough so they arent forced to quit.

I heard attrition is so bad at Republic its causing major flight cancellations. I cant believe they wouldnt treat crews decent enough so they arent forced to quit.

Welcome to the airline biz. You're just a radio....remove and replace.

Yes, Completely!!!
Republic's management treats you like a beat dog!!!! Its completely understaffed and that is the way they like it! Reserves are flying thier asses off!!! No Pay! I think about 80% of the FOs are maxed out on the payscale of $36.62/hour with no end in sight!!! Every single person I fly with says they can't wait to get on elsewhere, Captains and FOs!! The Place will make you hate flying!!! Always violating the contract! They say "Fly it and grieve it"! Scheduling calls just about everyday to try to get you to pick up overtime!!! Bottom Line, Go elsewhere because people are fleaing from this place like a burning building!!!! That is the truth, Brother!!!!!:smash:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back