Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Does a DUI 3-5 years ago Kill your chances of getting hired?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You sure know many details of your "friend's" DUI to not know if it was 3 to 5 years ago. Tell your "friend":rolleyes: that nothing short of full disclosure is the best thing to do.

It's amazing how many people post in behalf of their "friends" on aviation message boards regarding DUI's. Yet none of these "friends" has the balls to post for themselves. If they can't even be honest under the anonymity of a message board, how are they going to be honest in an interview?

Negative Ghost Rider. Even your own link said it was nonstandard.

Another dictionary says it is nonstandard as well and adds this;

irregardless
an erroneous word that, etymologically, means the exact opposite of what it is used to express, attested in non-standard writing from at least 1870s (e.g. "Portsmouth Times," Portsmouth, Ohio, U.S.A., April 11, 1874: "We supported the six successful candidates for Council in the face of a strong opposition. We were led to do so because we believed every man of them would do his whole duty, irregardless of party, and the columns of this paper for one year has [sic] told what is needed."); probably a blend of irrespective and regardless . Perhaps inspired by the double negative used as an emphatic.

Why waste the extra breath and/or keystrokes to use an informal word? Do you think that it makes you appear to be more knowledgeable?

Or could be that i am comin down to harsh on a fellow computer site homey, slickin down in flooz with sizzle because a eater of possum stew I might like the great top dawg of the south generals Grrrrant!

Last edited:
You sure know many details of your "friend's" DUI to not know if it was 3 to 5 years ago. Tell your "friend":rolleyes: that nothing short of full disclosure is the best thing to do.

It's amazing how many people post in behalf of their "friends" on aviation message boards regarding DUI's. Yet none of these "friends" has the balls to post for themselves. If they can't even be honest under the anonymity of a message board, how are they going to be honest in an interview?

My sentiments exactly.

well. I am sorry. My friend is 10 years older than me and doesn't even know that flightinfo exists. I totaly agree he should be honest. Hell does it make a difference if I say I got a DUI? I don't think anyone knows me, and if they do they are my friend. So I have nothing to hide. As far as everyone getting killed or whatever over a DUI you do realize that almost everyone of us could have had one? You haven't had three glasses of wine or 3 beers before driving. If they pull you over right away you are over .08. Lets not even talk about having a martini or two. I am not supporting drinking and driving but most of us have been in a position where we could have one as well. He messed up one time and he is sorry for it. He is happy he just got pulled over and never hurt anyone. The real sad thing is that this guy drinks less than I do. He just got caught. He doesn't need to go to rehab as he doesn't drink abnormally. Just a bad night.

He needs to go to the State DMV or DPS/etc and request his official traffic/driving record.

DID the charge go away? (RE: his rules of probation)

If it is on his medical record, then it is documented somewhere outside of the criminal justice system. Can Big Airline HR get a copy of the medical application? Don't know, but you are rolling the dice by not disclosing.

Straight from the FAA website regarding who has access to self reporting on your medical. I believe your medical application falls under Doctor/Patient privilege (with the exception of allowing the FAA to view your info as the Doctor is acting as an agent of the FAA)

Who has access to the records kept by the DUI/DWI Compliance Program?
Only investigators assigned to the DUI/DWI program have access to the information files.

Latest resources

Back