Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Do you think YOUR airline's mgmt. is watching this???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyguppy

FYI, THEY ARE!! YGTBFKM!!!! :angryfire :puke:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

CHICAGO (Dow Jones)--United Airlines said Wednesday it will press ahead with a controversial plan to outsource some international flying to Aer Lingus (EIL1.DB) despite further cutbacks at the Irish carrier.

The airlines announced an "innovative" plan last January that would see Aer Lingus operate flights from Madrid to the U.S. beginning in March on behalf of United, but using Aer Lingus planes.

Aer Lingus said Wednesday that it will cut a sixth of its workforce and is reviewing its remaining longhaul operation as part of a broader restructuring to stem losses.

United, a unit of UAL Corp. (UAUA), said the move did not affect the planned joint venture. "There is no change to our relationship with Aer Lingus," a United spokeswoman said Wednesday.

The expanded alliance has drawn fierce criticism from unions at both airlines as the new flights would be operated by "outside" employees.

Aer Lingus confirmed in February that it was recruiting separate pilots and cabin crew to staff the venture, despite lay-offs and furloughs at both airlines.

A spokesman for the United Airlines unit of the Air Line Pilots Association said the group was studying the cost-cutting news from Aer Lingus, and had no immediate comment Wednesday.

United and Aer Lingus said they plan to work together to share revenue and costs, in a partnership that could be closer than a typical airline alliance, which they already have.

-By Ann Keeton; Dow Jones Newswires; 312-750-4120; [email protected]

CHICAGO (Dow Jones)--United Airlines said Wednesday it will press ahead with a controversial plan to outsource some international flying to Aer Lingus (EIL1.DB) despite further cutbacks at the Irish carrier.

The expanded alliance has drawn fierce criticism from unions at both airlines as the new flights would be operated by "outside" employees.

How many UAL flights a day are outsourced? This is no different!

Yes, it is different. They are planning to hire 3rd party employees. Not Aer Lingus, not UAL. Yet they will be using Aer Lingus aircraft and both airline's resources.

They are going out and finding pilots and flight attendants to work for substandard wages, to fly Aer Lingus airplanes. Completely circumventing both airlines pilot and f/a groups.

A bit more than 'slightly different' in my opinion.

Well, as long as the senior UAL guys got a little carrot to appease them, who cares? From what I have seen, management ran over the UAL pilots and have completely broken their spirit, as it were. I have many UAL buds, and their overall attitude is, "whatever, who cares, at least I'm still flying."

This probably isn't the case with the furloughed folks, but for anyone hired pre-1998....

Not really.......

Ok, so a B-scale? Right?

Having never personally experienced a true "B-scale"......from what I understand from history though, B-scalers were on the pilot seniority list. They were not brought in from the street while said airline had 1000+ pilots on furlough.

Well, as long as the senior UAL guys got a little carrot to appease them, who cares? From what I have seen, management ran over the UAL pilots and have completely broken their spirit, as it were. I have many UAL buds, and their overall attitude is, "whatever, who cares, at least I'm still flying."

This probably isn't the case with the furloughed folks, but for anyone hired pre-1998....

Well then you reap what you sew.

What do you consider "senior" at United and why are the "junior" guys letting the senior put the screws to them?

You guys seem pretty United - pardon the pun. What gives? And why are you willing to allow your flying to be outsourced like this?

Gup

Latest resources

Back