• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Do ya think ASA CEO in DENIAL?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ah, no. Who cares if they're losing money. Not my fault. I just fly their broken airplanes. If all our good mechanics leave because theyre overworkedand not taken care of; and the entrenched management in atlanta cant hack it; and the cancellations and delays cause us to lose money, its just not my fault. Tired of picking up the pieces of this junk hillbilly operation. Sorry guys, but we're seeing the effects of 30+ years of poor hiring practices. Mainly due to our geographic proximity to retarded people.

A- to the -men. They're looking for places to squeeze? Find another fruit, because I'm out of juice.

That, or change the business strategy. Being 1 of 9 fighting over the same nipple must be getting really old.

The reason ASA is losing money, if we are losing money is because the ailrine is being completely managed into the ground!!! I almost think the whole thing is on purpose as a negotiating ploy and of course it is working. Stop with the I only want my life to suck a little less attitude, that is exactly what they are counting on!!!! How ignorant are some of you? It costs money to merge and it costs money to screw things up as badly as they have while trying to merge. The only part of this airline that is being run correctly is the fact that the pilot group does it's job well!!! So we should temper our expectations because they have screwed the rest of it into the ground??? I am really starting to question some of this group!!! Wait til you see if the merger/JCBA ever happens, which is a big if at this point, how quickly the accountants can spin the numbers the other way!!!

The reason ASA is losing money, if we are losing money is because the ailrine is being completely managed into the ground!!! I almost think the whole thing is on purpose as a negotiating ploy and of course it is working. Stop with the I only want my life to suck a little less attitude, that is exactly what they are counting on!!!! How ignorant are some of you? It costs money to merge and it costs money to screw things up as badly as they have while trying to merge. The only part of this airline that is being run correctly is the fact that the pilot group does it's job well!!! So we should temper our expectations because they have screwed the rest of it into the ground??? I am really starting to question some of this group!!! Wait til you see if the merger/JCBA ever happens, which is a big if at this point, how quickly the accountants can spin the numbers the other way!!!
And add to that an MEC that only cares about kissing managment's butt so they are taken care of. SR told me off the record at the Alpa office they will make sure they keep the company happy so they (the MEC) have jobs to retire from. They are happy with the pay and work rules so don't want to rock the boat. The only way to get changes at ASA is to change this mentallity and vote a new group in. Some of them have become so politically powerful that they will try to shut you down and kick you out if you go against them at all. Did you notice the flip of the latest Captain and FO reps once the got into office from their campaign stance, they found out quick to play along or else.

Getting to watch the company fail due to people like you is almost worth losing my job to prove how stupid you are. Keep up your rhetoric. Keep up the "20% more pay, or I'm burning this place down" mentality. If you do, we will all be on the street.

This is the attitude that drove your last company into the ground. I don't know how losing north of 5 million a month for the first two months is "spin."
All of you out there who are rational, we need to stick together, and counter these idiots. I'm not saying we shouldn't negotiate a good contract. We need to aim for QOL improvements mainly, with modest salary raises

If we succeed in becoming the highest paid regional out there, Jerry will shrink us. We may win the battle, but Jerry will win the war. I heard the other day that the most junior FO at Comair has been there 6 years...

My job is to show up and fly a plane. ASA/Skywest knew what they were getting when they purchased us that's their problem to deal with. I will not vote yes for a contract that doesn't get my pay concessions back plus an increase. I will also never vote yes for anything that degrades our work rules.

I spent 2 years on furlough and a job is a dime a dozen if you are motivated to find one.

Maybe they should of waited to purchase us in bankruptcy?

I love the Expressjet attitude v ours at ASA!!! ASA doesn't pay for fuel and it doesn't matter for the most part what the load factor is and they are losing money??? One reason only POOR MANAGEMENT!!! Don't tell me my pay and life have to suck because our management is being so short sighted!!! I have run a business for 15 years and learned a long time ago how to treat people. We can make both sides happy, but it takes leaders on all sides!!

wha?

I love the Expressjet attitude v ours at ASA!!! ASA doesn't pay for fuel and it doesn't matter for the most part what the load factor is and they are losing money??? One reason only POOR MANAGEMENT!!! Don't tell me my pay and life have to suck because our management is being so short sighted!!! I have run a business for 15 years and learned a long time ago how to treat people. We can make both sides happy, but it takes leaders on all sides!!

I thought, since MOST asa guys are getting it with the previous posts, we are starting to get on the same page or is that what you meant? We just lost our mec chair because he defrauded the pilot group and now have our former chair running the show, (very good btw), This should start to get better believe it or not.

Getting to watch the company fail due to people like you is almost worth losing my job to prove how stupid you are. Keep up your rhetoric. Keep up the "20% more pay, or I'm burning this place down" mentality. If you do, we will all be on the street.

This is the attitude that drove your last company into the ground. I don't know how losing north of 5 million a month for the first two months is "spin."

Let me preface this argument by saying I'm in the camp that believes accountants can create (at least in the short term) numbers that help the company. In this case we're in the midst of negotiations.

That being said, you think it's our "attitude" that is detrimental? I think it has nothing to do with the XJT contract and everything to do with ASA/Skywest's management. Weather did play a huge part in our operation this past winter and clearly management chose not to staff the airline correctly resulting in huge amounts of cancellations. Did they not take note last year that CAL cancels entire days of flying when winter storms hit the Northeast?

Even to this day we're going out late, canceling flights due to lack of crews. This isn't our "attitude," this is lack of planning on ASA's part.

The company failed this past winter because the company failed to plan. I should not lower my expectations due to managers incompetence.

Let me preface this argument by saying I'm in the camp that believes accountants can create (at least in the short term) numbers that help the company. In this case we're in the midst of negotiations.

-Bingo!

This "manufactured loss" is a wonderful little trick. BH and JA will take a relatively small quarterly loss one quarter to make the pilots choke down a horrible JCBA. Sure the stock will take a temporary hit, but it will bounce right back once investors see that our employees have "seen the light."

This "loss" is the greatest money Jerry has ever spent! Scare the hell out of a bunch of pilots (who have absolutely no idea how to read a balance sheet,) and save many, many times more in the long run. Watch how fast our pilots jump all over themselves to vote for a concessionary JCBA...

-Good job-JA!, Well Played!

Actually I have no doubts that the company didn't perform well...Hundreds of cx'd flights cost them bid time $....This is an ASA crew planning problem, not a contractual issue.

So are some of you advocating that we give them a contract that will give them enough financial wiggle room that when they staff the airline horribly resulting in hundreds of cancellations, they can still make a profit?

Latest resources

Back