• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Do we have a winner?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Obama is trying to do the right thing, and he really wants the economy to improve, but the things he and the Democrats are doing are not working. They are the wrong things. We need a 10 percent flat income tax, no corporate tax, no estate tax and no capital gains tax. Also, a dramatic reduction in government regulations of the business sector, which is better governed by the checks and balances of the free market. In my humble opinion.

Dumb

And dumber

Ok, I'm going to edit this and tone it down a bit. I'm not actually trying to insult anyone. I'm afraid that the original post might have inadvertantly done that. Here goes...

Are you really that ignorant to think that you can pray your way out of the worst Recession that we've experienced since the Great Depression? Please stop mentioning your God. Vote with your intellect, not your Bible. Remember what it did our country when your God told you to vote for Bush? Obama's still trying to dig us out of that mess...

I respectfully disagree. Have you seen our national debt increasing by $ Trillions? How is that helping us dig out of our mess?

Have you seen California's latest mess? Predicted $9 Billion budget deficit and got $16 Billion deficit instead - so, now they want to tax their way out of it - mainly to support high public employee pension obligations... The Democrats are seriously clueless when it comes to economics. Tax and spend doesn't work in Europe - sooooooo, why assume it will work in the US? Jobs end up leaving the highly-taxed areas and people are left unemployed and unable to pay taxes. What is Obama's energy plan beyond stifling oil/gas drilling and supporting defunct solar companies like Solyndra? He wants to block new oil pipeline jobs. What is Obama's plan to save Medicare and Social Security? He doesn't share details. Have the Democrats passed a budget in the Senate during the last 3.5 years? Nope. Get the picture?

Time to look at the big picture. If Obama were a CEO at any public company, he would have been fired after 2 years (giving him a 1-year grace period to catch up). His results have been abysmal. Why this interest in gay rights? Well, it distracts everyone from Obama's economic record which he wants to hide. Give Obama another 4 years and watch this country stagnate for years and years into the future while the wealthy job providers (in NY and California, people who make $250K annually are considered wealthy despite the very high cost of living and high taxes) are hunted down by the tax man - certainly not good for Fractional pilots. :mad:

Rant over...

OH where would flightinfo be without politics.....

anyway

the EBACE air show is taking place in Geneva, Switzerland, there's a small chance netjets might announce a plane order soon or as we've seen in the past they might not...

related news, the EJM model is coming to NJE.. maybe Mr. Buffett is planing on keeping us around afterall

Last edited:
[/B]

I respectfully disagree. Have you seen our national debt increasing by $ Trillions? How is that helping us dig out of our mess?

Have you seen California's latest mess? Predicted $9 Billion budget deficit and got $16 Billion deficit instead - so, now they want to tax their way out of it - mainly to support high public employee pension obligations... The Democrats are seriously clueless when it comes to economics. Tax and spend doesn't work in Europe - sooooooo, why assume it will work in the US? Jobs end up leaving the highly-taxed areas and people are left unemployed and unable to pay taxes. What is Obama's energy plan beyond stifling oil/gas drilling and supporting defunct solar companies like Solyndra? He wants to block new oil pipeline jobs. What is Obama's plan to save Medicare and Social Security? He doesn't share details. Have the Democrats passed a budget in the Senate during the last 3.5 years? Nope. Get the picture?

Time to look at the big picture. If Obama were a CEO at any public company, he would have been fired after 2 years (giving him a 1-year grace period to catch up). His results have been abysmal. Why this interest in gay rights? Well, it distracts everyone from Obama's economic record which he wants to hide. Give Obama another 4 years and watch this country stagnate for years and years into the future while the wealthy job providers (in NY and California, people who make $250K annually are considered wealthy despite the very high cost of living and high taxes) are hunted down by the tax man - certainly not good for Fractional pilots. :mad:

Rant over...

Although I don't agree with the content of your reply, I do have to compliment you for being respectful and intelligent. We've corresponded several times in the past, and it's always the same way... intelligent and respectful.

I'm greatful that my company (Avantair) is staffed with laid-back pilots... I don't think I'd last long around the high-strung types at some of the other fractionals...

As the thread title says "do we have winner", looks like things are looking good for Embraer. I found this on Bloomberg.com

Embraer Bidding to Supply Mid-Sized Planes to Buffett’s NetJets

By Patrick Winters - May 13, 2012 1:44 PM ET

Embraer SA (EMBR3) is in the bidding for an order from Warren Buffett’s NetJets Inc., Ernest Edwards, president of Embraer’s Executive Jets unit said today. NetJets sent out a request for proposals to manufacturers that asked for “anything from 25 aircraft upwards,” he said.

“We submitted our proposals several months ago. We are waiting to hear from them as a result of the submission of proposals,” Edwards said in an interview today in Geneva. “I know a couple of competitors have been advised that they are no longer involved, but we have not been advised that we are not involved, so we are assume we are still involved,” he said.

NetJets Europe Chief Executive Officer Eric Connor said in an interview today that the fractional jet operator was in negotiations for a “substantial” order of mid-size aircraft to replace Hawker 800 and Falcon planes. The order may include both firm orders and options, Connor said, “We are not in the starting phase, we are a fair way through the process,” Connor said. He didn’t comment on the timing of the order.

Dude ... since when does the title of the thread of anything to do with what's in the thread after the second post? :laugh:

ain't that the sad truth... one comment about politics or unions, that's all it takes

So what kind of Brazilian Buttplug is going to replace a Falcon?

Latest resources

Back