• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Do we have a winner?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Netjets payed over a million, Buffett didn't pull his wallet out and fork over a million.... There is a difference between the corporate entity paying and an individual paying it. I doubt Buffet's tax return will show something towards lobbying the FAA.

IMO money well spent

Lobbying costs are not tax deductible...but that wasn't the point anyway.

I would bet that Obama hopes that it will be the Citation X.

Today while watching golf, the NBA, and evening news, I got educated via Obama commercials and he said Romney outsourced some jobs 20 years ago to Mexico. Now this is enough to tick off a preacher and I'm sure that Obama's most visible supporter, Warren B., won't embarrass his candidate by placing substantial aircraft orders with a Brazilian and/or Canadian manufacturer (both of which receive direct/indirect subsidies from their respective governments) while a US company (Hawker) was forced into bankruptcy and another might as well be (Cessna)....ooops....he already did that?

OK...I guess we can forgive him as he wants to pay a higher rate of tax on his income...but first he quietly spends $1 million to lobby Congress regarding the new FAA bill so that he can fix this nasty little federal excise tax issue going forward. "Geesh, the Feds want my aviation company to pay them close to $1 billion and we don't think that tax is fair. The government has even gone to court to try and collect from us."

He should have first checked with his friend from CNBC, Becky Quick, to see how these moves would play in Peoria. He is over 65 so he may have lost a step or two according to a lot of experts.

Hypocrites...

Explain this one?

and I sure hope you aren't voting for Barack Hussein Obama in November?

Explain this one?

and I sure hope you aren't voting for Barack Hussein Obama in November?

Not voting for Obama...

Don't like politics at all...people should let their vote talk on their behalf. It's going to be a nsaty election season.

The parties in question are hypocrites because they say one thing, and do another. Buffett shouldn't be talking that he is under taxed when he has his companies lobbying Congress for a tax break. Obama should not attack Romney for some jobs in Mexico 20 years ago when one of his biggest supporters is currently spending a ton of money with foreign a/c manufacturers when he should be supporting US manufacturers.

Not voting for Obama...

Don't like politics at all...people should let their vote talk on their behalf. It's going to be a nsaty election season.

The parties in question are hypocrites because they say one thing, and do another. Buffett shouldn't be talking that he is under taxed when he has his companies lobbying Congress for a tax break. Obama should not attack Romney for some jobs in Mexico 20 years ago when one of his biggest supporters is currently spending a ton of money with foreign a/c manufacturers when he should be supporting US manufacturers.

Warren makes a/c purchasing decisions?

lololol..........
There are several ways to take what I said as funny....

But it is what you have to do... BRK annoyingly often does not report a NJ profit/loss number directly but compares results to prior years or quarters in relative terms.

My $30 million is a shaky figure but I am fairly confident. We'll have to see what is reported in the next few quarters to confirm it.

There are several ways to take what I said as funny....

But it is what you have to do... BRK annoyingly often does not report a NJ profit/loss number directly but compares results to prior years or quarters in relative terms.

My $30 million is a shaky figure but I am fairly confident. We'll have to see what is reported in the next few quarters to confirm it.

thanks Gunfyter, I knew you'd come up with a figure. 1Q 2011 we made 40 mil, this year our flying decreased by about 5%, so $30 mil sounds about right..

I wonder why the company doesn't just give us a hard figure "we made this much- or we lost that much"... plain and simple....

Last edited:
Not voting for Obama...

Thank god you are not voting for Obama!!!

Thank God

Thank god you are not voting for Obama!!!

Thank God

Ok, I'm going to edit this and tone it down a bit. I'm not actually trying to insult anyone. I'm afraid that the original post might have inadvertantly done that. Here goes...

Are you really that ignorant to think that you can pray your way out of the worst Recession that we've experienced since the Great Depression? Please stop mentioning your God. Vote with your intellect, not your Bible. Remember what it did our country when your God told you to vote for Bush? Obama's still trying to dig us out of that mess...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back