• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Do Not Work At Republic/chq/sa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Funny, CAL mainly brought CHQ in for 2 reason. One of them is the fact that they were a low bidder then XJET on flying the 69 airplanes. Number two was to protect CAL in the event another COMAIR incident occured. They did not want to end up like DAL did during CMR's strike. Looking at it now, CAL has admitted to losing more money on the CHQ flying then they had anticipated. It has been 3 months since CHQ started flying for them........awesome job. Also, CAL is a little upset about having United color ERJ's flying around as Continental Express, but whatever a$$ in the seat right.

The second point about CHQ being a safety net in case XJT went on strike has backfired on CAL too. Now it looks like XJT will be protecting CAL when CHQ/RAH/SA cant figure how to have a 2 crew required airplane fly with only 1 crew memeber. Damn FAA and required crew nonsense.

It is funny how Mr. Kellner (CAL) and Mr. Bedford (RAH) have demonstrated their true nact for looking at the hand infront of their face, instead of at the fist coming from way out there. Quarter by quarter instead of year over year, right? They truely are showing there keen ability to come up with new ideas on how to re-invent the wheel. At least they can count the beans in their golden parachutte should it become necessary.

Nothing againt RAH pilots here, but I hope you all find a solution to your problems, and that it is a good one. The last thing we need is another band-aid contract. Good luck.

Dude people said "DONT WORK AT GOJETS!" and people still did it. You know there's always going to be a buuuuuuuuuuuuunch of people that cant wait to get the call back from CHQ.

About 100-150 pilots out of Thousands of potential pilots over at GoJets - in my book a BUUUUUUNCH of pilots that is not.

Maybe 1% screwed their careers.

Funny, CAL mainly brought CHQ in for 2 reason. One of them is the fact that they were a low bidder then XJET on flying the 69 airplanes. quote]

still doesnt mean that CHQ was the lowest bidder. it just means they were lower than expressjet.

I know, thats why I said they were "a lower bidder then XJET," not the lowest bidder. Mesa's bid I am sure was lower, but J.O. has history with COEX and CAL made a smart decision not to even look at MESA's offer.

Funny, CAL mainly brought CHQ in for 2 reason. One of them is the fact that they were a low bidder then XJET on flying the 69 airplanes. Number two was to protect CAL in the event another COMAIR incident occured. They did not want to end up like DAL did during CMR's strike. Looking at it now, CAL has admitted to losing more money on the CHQ flying then they had anticipated. It has been 3 months since CHQ started flying for them........awesome job. Also, CAL is a little upset about having United color ERJ's flying around as Continental Express, but whatever a$$ in the seat right.

The second point about CHQ being a safety net in case XJT went on strike has backfired on CAL too. Now it looks like XJT will be protecting CAL when CHQ/RAH/SA cant figure how to have a 2 crew required airplane fly with only 1 crew memeber. dang FAA and required crew nonsense.

It is funny how Mr. Kellner (CAL) and Mr. Bedford (RAH) have demonstrated their true nact for looking at the hand infront of their face, instead of at the fist coming from way out there. Quarter by quarter instead of year over year, right? They truely are showing there keen ability to come up with new ideas on how to re-invent the wheel. At least they can count the beans in their golden parachutte should it become necessary.

Nothing againt RAH pilots here, but I hope you all find a solution to your problems, and that it is a good one. The last thing we need is another band-aid contract. Good luck.

What is even more interesting is what will happen when the XJet branded flying collapses and they reenter negotiations with CO to take those aircraft back. Will CO dump Republic? Will they force XJet into bankruptcy by saying no? If they do than Xjet can reject, or threaten to reject, the leases on all a/c back to CO, thus threatening CO with bankruptcy. Oh what a mess is waiting for everyone, probably in less than a year.

Remember you guys need to set the bar as the only operator of the 170 in the US.

I'm suprised that you would say this seeing as how you apparantly worked for Mesaba (as did I). The FO pay rates at Mesaba were very comparable if not inferior to that of the 170 - (a smaller airplane). I never heard anyone bashing XJ for their pay rates - until the last year or so with all the shannanigans. If you're only going to compare FO pay rates, I would call it a wash. A regional is a regional - with few exceptions. RAH is not the exception! The BYPASS will not fly!

What is even more interesting is what will happen when the XJet branded flying collapses and they reenter negotiations with CO to take those aircraft back. Will CO dump Republic? Will they force XJet into bankruptcy by saying no? If they do than Xjet can reject, or threaten to reject, the leases on all a/c back to CO, thus threatening CO with bankruptcy. Oh what a mess is waiting for everyone, probably in less than a year.

Not gonna happen mainly because the next group of planes if taken out cant be taken till 2009. Secondly the next group of planes if taken out will not be XRs or LRs. CAL hosed themselves with that and wont do it again. The next group would be the ERs and 135's if any. In that case we may or may not keep those aircraft so then CAL is stuck with the crappy planes. Lots of variables will come into play. Who knows. As far as the branded flying goes, all we have to do is break even with that flying and we will still be making a profit. Still have 205 airplanes with CAL guaranteed income and the DAL deal which is only 10 planes for now but Could grow in the future especially if we show them how good of a job we can do. Again I say Who knows? Just my 2 pennies worth.

Latest resources

Back