• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Do Not Work At Republic/chq/sa

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dude people said "DONT WORK AT GOJETS!" and people still did it. You know there's always going to be a buuuuuuuuuuuuunch of people that cant wait to get the call back from CHQ.

CHQ is not even remotely close to Go JET - No comparison.

What they did will not be forgiven in this industry.

Oh boy here come the waterworks....wah wah wah wah :crying:

Guess what...ya'll will negotiate for a year or so, bitch and moan, maaaaaaaaaaaybe strike but i doubt anybody will show up and then settle for whatever the hell your shi*&y regional originally proposed. Keep that union strong fellas...ya'll are really making a change!

What did Go Jet do, vote in a contract with low wages and undercut the industry, well that would make me mad too if I worked at CHQ you guys probaly thought you were the best at doing that.

What did Go Jet do, vote in a contract with low wages and undercut the industry, well that would make me mad too if I worked at CHQ you guys probaly thought you were the best at doing that.

I seriously doubt that Chautauqua is the lowest bidder, sometimes its about a quality product. Only companies like United sell their soul for the cheapest s*** they can get, thats why the top 5 at United are splitting millions in bonuses as we speak.

when exactly is the contract up? i hope there is a pay raise in the near future.... i make more as a 1st year turboprop driver than any of the jets at republic! can you turn down chq or sa classes to get into republic??

And then all of the Chautauqua FOs will make more than you their second year. They will more than likely upgrade before you too, which makes first year pay a moot point. I'm not trying to hate on you, because I worked at Piedmont as well, but there is more to the big picture than first year pay. I'm not saying that I agree with the low wages that any of the regionals pay, but I wasn't willing to sit around at Piedmont waiting to upgrade for six years even if their first year pay is better than some of the other places. The contract is up in October, but negotiations are allowed to start in April. People have turned down class dates on one certificate to wait for another, but they say you may not receive another call if you turn down the first offer. I would guess that with the shortage of pilots at this company, they will give you what you want though.

And then all of the Chautauqua FOs will make more than you their second year. They will more than likely upgrade before you too, which makes first year pay a moot point. I'm not trying to hate on you, because I worked at Piedmont as well, but there is more to the big picture than first year pay. I'm not saying that I agree with the low wages that any of the regionals pay, but I wasn't willing to sit around at Piedmont waiting to upgrade for six years even if their first year pay is better than some of the other places. The contract is up in October, but negotiations are allowed to start in April. People have turned down class dates on one certificate to wait for another, but they say you may not receive another call if you turn down the first offer. I would guess that with the shortage of pilots at this company, they will give you what you want though.

And not trying to hate on you, but what happens when the growth stops? What about the FO's then?

And not trying to hate on you, but what happens when the growth stops? What about the FO's then?

i dont think the growth will stop any time soon, the continental flying will keep everyone busy for a while, and once the airline is better staffed, i wouldnt be surpised to see a little more delta flying, and when TSA, GoJet and mesa go under. Everyones going to pick up some United Flying. And who will get TSAs american connection flying, i think CHQ might be in a good postion for some STL growth. The company is hiring right now for their current understaffed situation, attrition and growth, so most FOs that are just coming online are in a pretty good spot. But it is the airline industry and everything can change in a minute. Just my 2 cents

The company management sent out a letter to pilots stating they will not respect pilot seniority when it comes to upgrade .

They called me today for an interview... I told them I was already flying MD-11 and would only consider the job if I could hold left seat on the 170 inside of 6 months.. they told me that it would be more like 2 years.. so I don't think they're bypassing anyone. But then I only am going by what one chick in HR told me.

If you get stuck as an FO at Chautauqua, you're still going to make more in the long run than being stuck as an FO at Piedmont. You're right, who knows when the growth will end? It's all a crapshoot.

Latest resources

Back