Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Do ASA pilots wear wings on their shirts?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Papa Woody said:
Hahaha....me too! After 4 years, the armpits were yellow. Now, they're brown!!

Been spending my uniform allowance on........beer!

Trying to get on with UPS? That shows dedication!!

I'm not in SLC, I'm in ATL after 4 yrs in DFW. If you read my quote I said MOST, and that's probably not even the right wording. But there are a lot. After so many years of CP's that didn't give a Sh$t there are quite a few that took advantage of it and their uniforms show it.

socrates1 said:
GO AROUND said:
ATL pilots and a proper uniform, now there's a contradiction in terms.

You will find slobs in every employee group at any large company. You shouldn't jump on every ATL pilot. If you feel so strongly about this, keep your A$$ in SLC.

Thanks Mr. Obvious! Don't think I would have figured that one out on my own. Those powers of stating the obvious are really coming in handy Huh? I just jump on the ones that deserve it. Or was that no obvious enough for ya?

Mr. Go Around

I guess I should not have assumed you went to SLC. It's not my concern that there are a few "yellow dotter's" out there that hate ATL. I feel like y'all should hate the location, hate the DFW base closer by the company, but y'all should not hold any animosity against the ATL pilots. I've lived in ATL less than a year myself. I moved here to end the commute. We are one pilot group. ASA should not have built up DFW the way they did to simply shut it down. I feel for you, your family, and the friends you were forced to leave behind. I know the "yellow dotter's" are close, but y'all need to stand together with us "green badge's" and get the best we can out of the grey puzzle palace

cheers.

I don't hate any of our pilots, whereever they are based. If I came across that way, my apologies. My animosity is that I am just embarrased to stand in the ATL Bread Co. line with a small % of our pilots that look and dress the way they do. It is a sore spot with me I guess cause I take the time to look like I should and they don't care that they make us all look bad. I really blame all the CP's over the years that let it get so bad and the lack of an SP for guidance and now the pilots think they are getting picked on for all this stuff. Did they tell the company, I'll take the job, and your money but I don't feel like wearing the uniform you expect me too? I don't think so.

Managment got sick of the situation and had Connoly write the SP so they had a way to enforce the policy. I commuted to DFW and moved to ATL with my family and I like it here, so I consider myself an ATL pilot, not a bitter DFW displacee, although I do have a yellow dot. Yet there is still noone in ATL to enforce the SP. Do they expect all the Captains to do it for them? Most of them are Captains and we know that isnt working.

All right! Just found out from screw Sched. I'm gonna be working 6 days in a row starting tomorrow.

AMF

After six days of flying your uniform might make some of the 10 percent'rs blush.

I find the facial soap works well in the sink. Be careful about scrubbing anywhere near the drain. The stopper will cut your collars. Alternate the A/C in the hotel between full hot / cold to dry your clothes, then hang them near the shower to get the wrinkles out.

I have the Van Heusen shirts with the pleeted pockets. I used to just throw them in the washing machine and realized this is the best way to have your shirts destroyed before their time. I bought another six about a year ago and only have them dry cleaned and they look brand new still. I also wear an undershirt to help with the pitstains problem....oh, and bidding off of the ATR seems to have been the best move for my shirts. :erm:

Last edited:
I find that most of the wear and tear on my shirts comes from the shoulder harness...that thing is like a saw on the epaulet panels. I used to wear it all the time but I've started taking it off in cruise to minimize the effect. Anyone else have this problem (and hopefully a solution)?

Josh M.

I love the shoulder harnesses that leave the black marks on your shirts.

Latest resources

Back