• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

Do ASA pilots wear wings on their shirts?

JDREsquire1224

Total Time
N/A
A new hire here looking to order new pilot shirts before training starts. Wondering if I should get reinforced eyelets? A simple yes or no will do..Thanks in advance..

Headfake14

646 3A
Total Time
10000+
Yea we do. Also wear name tags just below the wings on the pocket. I have some shirts with and without the reinforcing...the ones without are still holding up fine and I've been using them for...ugh...7+ yrs.

Papa Woody

Total Time
Better wait till you get here till U order shirts....

The Uniform Nazi will measure the distance between the wings and the pocket seam. It MUST be within' 1/8 inch of the specified distance or you will be FIRED while on probation.

Papa Woody

Total Time
Headfake14 said:
I have some shirts with and without the reinforcing...the ones without are still holding up fine and I've been using them for...ugh...7+ yrs.

Hahaha....me too! After 4 years, the armpits were yellow. Now, they're brown!!

Been spending my uniform allowance on........beer!

"GO AROUND"

Again?!?!?
Total Time
7900+
ATL pilots and a proper uniform, now there's a contradiction in terms. Most ATL pilots don't have to worry about the distance between the wings and name badge cause they are usually only wearing one or the other. But they sure don't forget all the special event pins that the company gave them. They look like a TGI Fridays waitress with all their flare! Then there are the guys that finally found their hat but it still has the old ASA metal on it cause they havn't worn it in the two years since we got new metal.

As for Connoly, he stopped me most every time he saw me to tell me my pockets weren't pleated, but I'd hate to see what some of our pilots would look like if he hadn't gotten stuck with that job. Who was gonna do it? The ATL chief pilots? Yeah, right! We have some real slobs that couldn't spell professional let alone look it up in a dictionary to find out what it means to look professional.

You sure you have armpits left in those shirts after flying the ATR with the same shirts for 4 years?

Papa Woody

Total Time
GO AROUND said:
You sure you have armpits left in those shirts after flying the ATR with the same shirts for 4 years?

LOL!

AcidSweat, enhanced by Wendy's and Popeyes grease-salt diet, have eaten straight thru my blazer (even tho' I only wear it twice a year.)

Now, with global warming, my cars seatbelts are at risk, too!

And if I get bird flu, one case of the runs and my polyester pants will be glued to the seat!

But with all the sensitivity-training we now get, at least nobody will laugh at me.

say again

I love her ARSE!!!!
Total Time
Papa Woody said:
LOL!

AcidSweat, enhanced by Wendy's and Popeyes grease-salt diet, have eaten straight thru my blazer (even tho' I only wear it twice a year.)

Now, with global warming, my cars seatbelts are at risk, too!

And if I get bird flu, one case of the runs and my polyester pants will be glued to the seat!

But with all the sensitivity-training we now get, at least nobody will laugh at me.

Now that's classic!! LOL:laugh: :beer:

socrates1

Total Time
GO AROUND said:
ATL pilots and a proper uniform, now there's a contradiction in terms.

You will find slobs in every employee group at any large company. You shouldn't jump on every ATL pilot. If you feel so strongly about this, keep your A$$ in SLC.

Space Wrangler

Registered Offender
Total Time
I don't know for sure, but the dork FO who showed up for Sunday morning church in uniform a couple of weeks ago was wearing them proudly.

Flechas

Total Time
$$$$$$
Papa Woody said:
Hahaha....me too! After 4 years, the armpits were yellow. Now, they're brown!!

Been spending my uniform allowance on........beer!

Trying to get on with UPS? That shows dedication!!

"GO AROUND"

Again?!?!?
Total Time
7900+
I'm not in SLC, I'm in ATL after 4 yrs in DFW. If you read my quote I said MOST, and that's probably not even the right wording. But there are a lot. After so many years of CP's that didn't give a Sh$t there are quite a few that took advantage of it and their uniforms show it.

"GO AROUND"

Again?!?!?
Total Time
7900+
socrates1 said:
GO AROUND said:
ATL pilots and a proper uniform, now there's a contradiction in terms.

You will find slobs in every employee group at any large company. You shouldn't jump on every ATL pilot. If you feel so strongly about this, keep your A$$ in SLC.

Thanks Mr. Obvious! Don't think I would have figured that one out on my own. Those powers of stating the obvious are really coming in handy Huh? I just jump on the ones that deserve it. Or was that no obvious enough for ya?

socrates1

Total Time
Mr. Go Around

I guess I should not have assumed you went to SLC. It's not my concern that there are a few "yellow dotter's" out there that hate ATL. I feel like y'all should hate the location, hate the DFW base closer by the company, but y'all should not hold any animosity against the ATL pilots. I've lived in ATL less than a year myself. I moved here to end the commute. We are one pilot group. ASA should not have built up DFW the way they did to simply shut it down. I feel for you, your family, and the friends you were forced to leave behind. I know the "yellow dotter's" are close, but y'all need to stand together with us "green badge's" and get the best we can out of the grey puzzle palace

cheers.

"GO AROUND"

Again?!?!?
Total Time
7900+
I don't hate any of our pilots, whereever they are based. If I came across that way, my apologies. My animosity is that I am just embarrased to stand in the ATL Bread Co. line with a small % of our pilots that look and dress the way they do. It is a sore spot with me I guess cause I take the time to look like I should and they don't care that they make us all look bad. I really blame all the CP's over the years that let it get so bad and the lack of an SP for guidance and now the pilots think they are getting picked on for all this stuff. Did they tell the company, I'll take the job, and your money but I don't feel like wearing the uniform you expect me too? I don't think so.

Managment got sick of the situation and had Connoly write the SP so they had a way to enforce the policy. I commuted to DFW and moved to ATL with my family and I like it here, so I consider myself an ATL pilot, not a bitter DFW displacee, although I do have a yellow dot. Yet there is still noone in ATL to enforce the SP. Do they expect all the Captains to do it for them? Most of them are Captains and we know that isnt working.

All right! Just found out from screw Sched. I'm gonna be working 6 days in a row starting tomorrow.

AMF

~~~^~~~

Total Time
7,500+
After six days of flying your uniform might make some of the 10 percent'rs blush.

I find the facial soap works well in the sink. Be careful about scrubbing anywhere near the drain. The stopper will cut your collars. Alternate the A/C in the hotel between full hot / cold to dry your clothes, then hang them near the shower to get the wrinkles out.

Stifler's Mom

MILF...MILF...MILF
Total Time
I have the Van Heusen shirts with the pleeted pockets. I used to just throw them in the washing machine and realized this is the best way to have your shirts destroyed before their time. I bought another six about a year ago and only have them dry cleaned and they look brand new still. I also wear an undershirt to help with the pitstains problem....oh, and bidding off of the ATR seems to have been the best move for my shirts. :erm:

Last edited:

CandlerWun

Total Time
I find that most of the wear and tear on my shirts comes from the shoulder harness...that thing is like a saw on the epaulet panels. I used to wear it all the time but I've started taking it off in cruise to minimize the effect. Anyone else have this problem (and hopefully a solution)?

Josh M.

"GO AROUND"

Again?!?!?
Total Time
7900+
I love the shoulder harnesses that leave the black marks on your shirts.