Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Do ASA pilots wear wings on their shirts?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JDREsquire1224

A new hire here looking to order new pilot shirts before training starts. Wondering if I should get reinforced eyelets? A simple yes or no will do..Thanks in advance..

Yea we do. Also wear name tags just below the wings on the pocket. I have some shirts with and without the reinforcing...the ones without are still holding up fine and I've been using them for...ugh...7+ yrs.

Better wait till you get here till U order shirts....

The Uniform Nazi will measure the distance between the wings and the pocket seam. It MUST be within' 1/8 inch of the specified distance or you will be FIRED while on probation.

Headfake14 said:
I have some shirts with and without the reinforcing...the ones without are still holding up fine and I've been using them for...ugh...7+ yrs.

Hahaha....me too! After 4 years, the armpits were yellow. Now, they're brown!!

Been spending my uniform allowance on........beer!

ATL pilots and a proper uniform, now there's a contradiction in terms. Most ATL pilots don't have to worry about the distance between the wings and name badge cause they are usually only wearing one or the other. But they sure don't forget all the special event pins that the company gave them. They look like a TGI Fridays waitress with all their flare! Then there are the guys that finally found their hat but it still has the old ASA metal on it cause they havn't worn it in the two years since we got new metal.

As for Connoly, he stopped me most every time he saw me to tell me my pockets weren't pleated, but I'd hate to see what some of our pilots would look like if he hadn't gotten stuck with that job. Who was gonna do it? The ATL chief pilots? Yeah, right! We have some real slobs that couldn't spell professional let alone look it up in a dictionary to find out what it means to look professional.

You sure you have armpits left in those shirts after flying the ATR with the same shirts for 4 years?

GO AROUND said:
You sure you have armpits left in those shirts after flying the ATR with the same shirts for 4 years?

LOL!

AcidSweat, enhanced by Wendy's and Popeyes grease-salt diet, have eaten straight thru my blazer (even tho' I only wear it twice a year.)

Now, with global warming, my cars seatbelts are at risk, too!

And if I get bird flu, one case of the runs and my polyester pants will be glued to the seat!

But with all the sensitivity-training we now get, at least nobody will laugh at me.

Papa Woody said:
LOL!

AcidSweat, enhanced by Wendy's and Popeyes grease-salt diet, have eaten straight thru my blazer (even tho' I only wear it twice a year.)

Now, with global warming, my cars seatbelts are at risk, too!

And if I get bird flu, one case of the runs and my polyester pants will be glued to the seat!

But with all the sensitivity-training we now get, at least nobody will laugh at me.

Now that's classic!! LOL:laugh: :beer:

GO AROUND said:
ATL pilots and a proper uniform, now there's a contradiction in terms.

You will find slobs in every employee group at any large company. You shouldn't jump on every ATL pilot. If you feel so strongly about this, keep your A$$ in SLC.

I don't know for sure, but the dork FO who showed up for Sunday morning church in uniform a couple of weeks ago was wearing them proudly.

Latest resources

Back