Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Do any other SkyWest pilots (besides me)...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So what's happening in EWR and CLE? Are they flying the E170s out of there? How does their ALPA MEC condone such flights?

Just wondering...

Many of us at ASA/Skywest have made a career here because the mainline pilots sold this flying away because their egos were too good to fly these planes.....We don't really give a darn that they are now upset....Too bad, so sad...:bawling::bawling:

Now I get why say some of the things you post on here!

So what's happening in EWR and CLE? Are they flying the E170s out of there? How does their ALPA MEC condone such flights?

Just wondering...

Shuttle America is not ALPA.

Informational picketing by CAL pilots starting tomorrow (union blastmail), "officially" it's about the lack of a new contract but everyone knows it's spurred on by the introduction of the 70 seaters.

Talked to a CAL pilot in the weather room in EWR, he says 70 seater pilots' names are being "noted down but there's not much that can be done". Might be hard to get a job in the near future at CAL/United though.

Last edited:
Typical "Chicago Thug Tatics". Unions are of no use any more in this industry and of this Country. Explain to me why the Head Stage Hand in NYC gets paid over $400K?
Unions. Sounds like ALPA should be using Stage Hands pay for there next battle.
See link:
http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs...-stagehand-lincoln-center-nyc-makes-290k-year

Unions, all Unions support Obama. Obama is the problem.

I will not be part of "the Problem"

Discuss.....

Apparently the latest is that UniCAL is now reviewing the 70 seater shift into the CAL hubs. I would think that the Skywest pilots won't see all the shift into IAH that was expected, whether a total reverse will occur has not been decided.

Unions: The folks that brought you the weekend.

Last edited:
Apparently the latest is that UniCAL is now reviewing the 70 seater shift into the CAL hubs. I would think that the Skywest pilots won't see all the shift into IAH that was expected, whether a total reverse will occur has not been decided.

heehhee...that's funny, because the rumor I'm hearing is that UniCal management is reviewing the idea of reducing CAL mainline flying in their IAH hub and replacing it with more UAL metal.

TFAYD and KUTGW!!

I don't think so either (not flying everything that they had planned). They are actually pushing back our bidding for Feb as UA is "renaming/fixing" all the flights...

I do feel thrown under the bus. But I'm also tired of the small group of CAL pilots going beserk (allegdely) on SkW folks jumpseating and such. I want to ask them if they want to sort that out in the parking lot ;-)

I don't think so either (not flying everything that they had planned). They are actually pushing back our bidding for Feb as UA is "renaming/fixing" all the flights...

I do feel thrown under the bus. But I'm also tired of the small group of CAL pilots going beserk (allegdely) on SkW folks jumpseating and such. I want to ask them if they want to sort that out in the parking lot ;-)

Yeah, same with us, it seems the XJT Feb. schedule line build had to be completely rebuilt to move flying back out of ORD into IAH. The ORD schedules coming out later than planned.

To be honest, I don't know why Skywest pilots are surprised at the reaction from CAL. You may not be flying struck work but from their point of view you are effectively breaking a prohibition of their contract. How would you feel if Skywest brought in Chinese pilots to fly your planes for half your wage? Why didn't you just call in sick?

Oh and the rumor going around is that the YYZ-IAH first flight out on Jan 5th CRJ700.... Weight restricted to 51 seats out of 66. Had only 56 bags on board!!!!

If that's true then then there'll be a lot of red-faces. A 145XR can do the leg any day full with a jumpseater ... i.e. 51 pax.

Im not a skyw dude but I know your not the only one who feels this way. This is a problem to be sorted out by CAL/UAL PILOTS AND THEIR MGT.

Let's hope they win and start taking back that RJ flying at mainline. My corporate owner's secretary buys us airline tickets after dropping the owner off somewhere and when I see an RJ on the ticket, I wince. Really uncomfortable.

Latest resources

Back