Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Do any other SkyWest pilots (besides me)...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Shuttle America is not ALPA.

Informational picketing by CAL pilots starting tomorrow (union blastmail), "officially" it's about the lack of a new contract but everyone knows it's spurred on by the introduction of the 70 seaters.

Talked to a CAL pilot in the weather room in EWR, he says 70 seater pilots' names are being "noted down but there's not much that can be done". Might be hard to get a job in the near future at CAL/United though.

Wow. If you ever do want to get on with the new United, I would take this into account. Creating lists is a bad thing.

I'll also call bs on the IAH-YYZ load problems. In 6 years I've had 1, maybe 2 weight issues on the 700 and that was due to extreme circumstances. Even at that, only a handfull of people at most were kicked off. We do 3+ hour flights(unfortunately) more than we do 3- hour flights, and have never had a problem. If your gonna make up some bullsh!t, at least make it reasonable..

I'll also call bs on the IAH-YYZ load problems. In 6 years I've had 1, maybe 2 weight issues on the 700 and that was due to extreme circumstances. Even at that, only a handfull of people at most were kicked off. We do 3+ hour flights(unfortunately) more than we do 3- hour flights, and have never had a problem. If your gonna make up some bullsh!t, at least make it reasonable..

I didn't say it was true, I said it was the rumor going around, was hoping it could be confirmed or not.

For what it's worth I've seen times approaching and exceeding 4 hours on the 145XR for YYZ-IAH with a headwind on the 145.

Last edited:
Yeah, same with us, it seems the XJT Feb. schedule line build had to be completely rebuilt to move flying back out of ORD into IAH. The ORD schedules coming out later than planned.

To be honest, I don't know why Skywest pilots are surprised at the reaction from CAL. You may not be flying struck work but from their point of view you are effectively breaking a prohibition of their contract. How would you feel if Skywest brought in Chinese pilots to fly your planes for half your wage? Why didn't you just call in sick?

I believe both CAL and UAL have far more "real" scabs working for them than SkyWest does...

I didn't say it was true, I said it was the rumor going around, was hoping it could be confirmed or not.

For what it's worth I've seen times approaching and exceeding 4 hours on the 145XR for YYZ-IAH with a headwind on the 145.

We do IAD-SAT, 100 nm further that IAH-YYZ, headwinds, full boat, alternate and have never to my knowledge kicked anyone off...I am sure there are times, but even then it would be a weight restriction of a seat or two...

I think we can go ahead and disregard your post...now back to the topic at hand...

heehhee...that's funny, because the rumor I'm hearing is that UniCal management is reviewing the idea of reducing CAL mainline flying in their IAH hub and replacing it with more UAL metal.

TFAYD and KUTGW!!

I heard this as well in I.A.H. customs as well that they were to expect larger aircraft soon ....

I don't agree with the above statement. Chip seems to lack ethics and integrity. From what I have seen there is not much respect for him amongst our pilots either. I have tried to give him the benefit of the doubt but he is not someone I trust.

Well, in that case he should be getting along great with our CEO !

For years SkyWest has been trying to get their foot into the door and outsource for CAL. They see a huge opportunity there. Lots of regional jets to order. But I don't see scope relief, so SkyWest can continue to buy foreign airlines. It's the future, baby Brasil !

heehhee...that's funny, because the rumor I'm hearing is that UniCal management is reviewing the idea of reducing CAL mainline flying in their IAH hub and replacing it with more UAL metal.

TFAYD and KUTGW!!

I think you will see a lot of that. CAL already has flights from Denver to LAS scheduled and ORD to ANC, SFO to ANC, SFO to LAS. Look for many more shifts. Especially out of LAX. Bottom line is CAL needs some heavy jets and United needs some 737's.

many believe a LAX base for CAL will happen very soon.

Many of us at ASA/Skywest have made a career here because the mainline pilots sold this flying away because their egos were too good to fly these planes.....We don't really give a darn that they are now upset....Too bad, so sad...:bawling::bawling:
I completely agree.
The mainline guys created this mess, and ALPA helped support it by representing both majors and regional airlines "best interest."
The majority of the flying will remain at the regional level for quite a bit longer, especially with Gen Moak at the helm now.
Mainline guys, you can thank yourselves for this mess....and ALPO.

I believe both CAL and UAL have far more "real" scabs working for them than SkyWest does...
Just how much of a spine ALPA has, all these guys had to do was pay some dues and they were allowed to be active members again.
Heck, even Duane Wayne Worthless went as far to forgive these guys and asked that they be removed from all scab lists.

Latest resources

Back