Do Allegiant Air Pilot get to J/S

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Absolutely!

I don't want any CRJ/EMB-flying turds on my JS either. I'll be sure to get the jumpseat deferred or somehow interfere just to make sure those "turds" don't get on even if it takes me bribing the left seater with me picking up his tab the entire trip.

With those wages, CRJ/EMB- flying turds don't deserve any "professional" courtesy... Instead, I'll give them a coupon for McDonald's 2 Big Macs for $3, or dime-a-Ramen coupon and send them on your way...

:rolleyes:

I bet if a non-union carrier was flying routes that no one else was and you needed to get somewhere I don't think you'd be turning down a ride.

Of course not... that's my point and hence the rolling eye character. crj567 stated that GoJet pilots aren't welcome on his jumpseat, and I'm here to tell him and every other idiotic "profession defender" that you DO NOT bring politics to jumpseating.

If you don't like an airline and I don't care if it's GoJet or Mesa or SWA or UAL, don't jumpseat on them... but bear in mind that if your airline has reciprocal agreement with your hated airline, by blindly denying jumpseats to pilots of a certain airline, you are screwing your fellow pilots, and I don't mean just that poor sap you leave at the gate, but primarily your own pilots who might be asking that same guy you left behind for a ride.

Seems to me that many of these "profession defenders" don't seem to comprehend that jumpseat authority is not a power trip.

Of course not... that's my point and hence the rolling eye character. crj567 stated that GoJet pilots aren't welcome on his jumpseat, and I'm here to tell him and every other idiotic "profession defender" that you DO NOT bring politics to jumpseating.

If you don't like an airline and I don't care if it's GoJet or Mesa or SWA or UAL, don't jumpseat on them... but bear in mind that if your airline has reciprocal agreement with your hated airline, by blindly denying jumpseats to pilots of a certain airline, you are screwing your fellow pilots, and I don't mean just that poor sap you leave at the gate, but primarily your own pilots who might be asking that same guy you left behind for a ride.

Seems to me that many of these "profession defenders" don't seem to comprehend that jumpseat authority is not a power trip.
The posters above seem to be a little on the slow side. For those of you that are on the slow side, he was trying to prove apoint. Hence he posted first post got response and said exactly.

GoJet is an alter-ego. About as close to being a scab as one can get. My jumpseat-my rules.... I am all about screwing ANY pilot who screws our profession-you would be to if you had any sense.

Oh, BTW-when you fly with a Captain who excludes someone from his jumpseat because he doesn't like their haircut, their manners, or just because they remind him of the toolbag F.O. he has to fly with..... THAT PERSON DOESN'T FLY!-Regardless of what you think.

-Operate the gear handle, and go make your boss a sandwich like a good little boy-the jumpseat doesn't belong to you!

-Maybe one day, when you grow up, scooter-you may get a jumpseat of your very own.... Then you will get to enforce whatever idiot ideas you have.

Last edited:
GoJet is an alter-ego. About as close to being a scab as one can get. My jumpseat-my rules.... I am all about screwing ANY pilot who screws our profession-you would be to if you had any sense.

Oh, BTW-when you fly with a Captain who excludes someone from his jumpseat because he doesn't like their haircut, their manners, or just because they remind him of the toolbag F.O. he has to fly with..... THAT PERSON DOESN'T FLY!-Regardless of what you think.

-Operate the gear handle, and go make your boss a sandwich like a good little boy-the jumpseat doesn't belong to you!

-Maybe one day, when you grow up, scooter-you may get a jumpseat of your very own.... Then you will get to enforce whatever idiot ideas you have.

You must be a joy to fly with. I imagine you always fly with a crew full of slam clickers... Do you ever wonder why?

You must be a joy to fly with. I imagine you always fly with a crew full of slam clickers... Do you ever wonder why?
I don't care-

I have never personally kicked ANYONE off-but I have also never had a GoJet turd show up. I have also never had anyone be insulting or unpleasant while riding-as I have heard stories about.

BUT-Make no mistake-It is MY JUMPSEAT-it is not "freightdog's" not my F.O.'s not my flight attendants!
If I ever had some numbnut take "freightdog's" tack and question my authority to have who I wish on the jumpseat, his butt would be finding another crew to screw with-after a few days of unpaid vacation!

The jumpseat is a courtesy-one that I am happy to extend to anyone-except those who are rude enough to insult me while on it (which I have heard actually happens) or those who screw our industry. GoJet people have damaged our undustry without question-they knew what they were doing, now they should know that not everyone appreciates it. I don't play nice with people like that.

GoJet might be an ALTER-EGO, and that's another debate altogether. However, considering that GoJet does NOT fly under its own code, and instead flies United Express routes, it would be a real bummer for one of your own pilots, or even you to get left behind on Christmas Eve trying to get home to his family on a route that only GoJet flies because some "profession defender" dickhead like yourself is bringing politics into jumpseat. I don't know who you work for, and frankly I don't care. But know that you are screwing your own pilots by denying a pilot group.

Ya know sonny, I NEVER flew with a captain who EVER denied a jumpseat to ANYONE because most people I flew with are wise enough to know that you do not bring politics on the jumpseat. You see, people that have been around the block once or twice know the difference. Same can't be said for you unfortunately, especially if you are singling out an airline. If you feel that strongly against it, then I suggest you take it up with management to officially remove them from your list. BUT YOU DO NOT DENY A JUMPSEAT BASED ON POLITICS TO PILOTS OF AN ENTIRE AIRLINE!

Sonny, I flew left seat at the commuters probably before you flew logged your first hour of multiengine time, so I think I know a thing or two about jumpseat authority. But I'm not here to argue whose is bigger... I leave that your fellow "profession defenders." I am here to tell you that you are being a myopic idiot who doesn't see the big picture by denying jumpseat to an entire airline WITH RECIPROCAL AGREEMENT.

Case in point... Mesa came to Hawaii with explicit purpose being to ruin my airline. We had a few hotheads who were thinking denying jumpseats to them was the right thing to do. They were QUICKLY squashed and brought back to reality. I believe Mesa pilots, even as my "ALPA brothers" were way more detrimental to my career than some "alter ego" outfit. Needless to say, when they showed up for a jumpseat, we would treat them like we would treat a Delta or UAL senior captain. If there was a first class seat available, it was theirs... they would get free movie headsets considering we didn't charge for anything. Yet, their airline came to explicitly put us under. Yes, another ALPA carrier...

My point being - jumpseat authority IS NOT a power trip. It is a NEGOTIATED privilege. By screwing with it via some personal vendetta, you will only screw with your own pilots lives. But then again, clearly, most "profession defenders" like yourself either don't commute so they just don't get it, or are 500 hour wonders who just don't know any better....

Once gain, KEEP POLITICS AWAY FROM JUMPSEAT. If you don't like an airline being on your list, take it up with your union, who will in turn take it up with your management. But personal vendetta has no place on jumpseat.

Latest resources

Back