Do Allegiant Air Pilot get to J/S

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

your_dreamguy

Just curious if Allegiant Air pilots have J/S benefits on other 121 carriers? I'm asking because Allegiant does not have a union. Does anybody know? Does anybody know if Allegiant Air pilot face any retaliation like Freedom pilots faced a few years ago?

Just curious if Allegiant Air pilots have J/S benefits on other 121 carriers? I'm asking because Allegiant does not have a union. Does anybody know? Does anybody know if Allegiant Air pilot face any retaliation like Freedom pilots faced a few years ago?

Forgive me if I'm not quite getting your drift here, but are you comparing a non union airline to an airline that was started as an alter ego to side step a union contract?

:rolleyes:

Now there's a good comparison, Allegiant and Freedom. Hey I got one, how about JetBlue and GoJet? What about Hawaiian and Go (or whatever that poor excuse for an airline in HI is called)?

Does any pilot group need to have union affiliation to have a J/S agreement?

It's been my experience, J/S agreements are agreed to by management ...not by the union.

Does any pilot group need to have union affiliation to have a J/S agreement?

It's been my experience, J/S agreements are agreed to by management ...not by the union.

-You are right, but the Captain can exclude anyone he/she wants..... No GoJet turds on my JS.

Allegiant has been a CASS participant for over a year now. Jumpseat agreements do not have anything to do with whether or not the pilot group is union or not.

-You are right, but the Captain can exclude anyone he/she wants..... No GoJet turds on my JS.

Absolutely!

I don't want any CRJ/EMB-flying turds on my JS either. I'll be sure to get the jumpseat deferred or somehow interfere just to make sure those "turds" don't get on even if it takes me bribing the left seater with me picking up his tab the entire trip.

With those wages, CRJ/EMB- flying turds don't deserve any "professional" courtesy... Instead, I'll give them a coupon for McDonald's 2 Big Macs for $3, or dime-a-Ramen coupon and send them on your way...

Absolutely!

I don't want any CRJ/EMB-flying turds on my JS either. I'll be sure to get the jumpseat deferred or somehow interfere just to make sure those "turds" don't get on even if it takes me bribing the left seater with me picking up his tab the entire trip.

With those wages, CRJ/EMB- flying turds don't deserve any "professional" courtesy... Instead, I'll give them a coupon for McDonald's 2 Big Macs for $3, or dime-a-Ramen coupon and send them on your way...

d o r k

Heheh, exactly! Politics should ALWAYS stay out of jumpseat. But good luck explaining that to CRJ/EMB "profession defenders..."

Latest resources

Back