• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DL's BOS Shuttle going to Airbuses

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't get too excited, ORD-MSP went to 7 RJ's a day from 3, cutting 4 mainline flights. AA and UA have moved in the opposite direction, replacing RJ's with 737's and A320's.

Hey I am the first to state we have to many RJ's. FWIW, they seem to do this certain market in the summer. When more metal comes things will change again.

Hey I am the first to state we have to many RJ's. FWIW, they seem to do this certain market in the summer. When more metal comes things will change again.

You mean the 35 DC-9's that are getting parked, or the 14 747F that were parked? Or the 40 or so DC-9's that were parked over the last 2 years, along with 20 A319's, plus numerous 757/767's? 15 MD-90's, couple of 737,777 is NOTHING to get excited about.

IMO, the 100 seater is a market that the major's have abandon. They are happy between the 76 or 125 seater. Watch the feet. I appreciate your optimism and would like to hope for "more metal".

Last edited:
NWA, watch whatever feet you want to watch. I know the 30-40 9's are going but there are many sights and ppl stating that the 5500 block my get saved. Makes sense to me to run them up and down the east coast.

I beleive that some of those 319's will be used to the shuttle as well. Overall I have been told DAL sees it as an inefficient a/c. Now do an engine upgrade and things will change.

NWA, watch whatever feet you want to watch. I know the 30-40 9's are going but there are many sights and ppl stating that the 5500 block my get saved. Makes sense to me to run them up and down the east coast.

I beleive that some of those 319's will be used to the shuttle as well. Overall I have been told DAL sees it as an inefficient a/c. Now do an engine upgrade and things will change.

I would just prefer orders as opposed to maybe saving what we have. in reference to the a319, nwa made $ with them, so curious as to why dal doesn't like them, especially compared to the 88

I would just prefer orders as opposed to maybe saving what we have. in reference to the a319, nwa made $ with them, so curious as to why dal doesn't like them, especially compared to the 88

Your guess is as good as mine. It is a niche airplane and has a place here.

It appears they switched direction on the older 757's so they may do that with the 319's.

That said, I agree 100% with you. We need to start fleet renewal now. If we wait DAL will be faced with refitting the entire fleet. It will cost 100's of billions of dollars. That is just not possible.

It may be the set up they are working towards. They can't do it and will ask for 100 seats and below to be moved of the property to save them the exposure. My response is I do not care how or who finances you jets, but they will have DAL pilots flying them. We can fly across certificates. Let think outside the box on this one.

You mean the 35 DC-9's that are getting parked, or the 14 747F that were parked? Or the 40 or so DC-9's that were parked over the last 2 years, along with 20 A319's, plus numerous 757/767's? 15 MD-90's, couple of 737,777 is NOTHING to get excited about.

IMO, the 100 seater is a market that the major's have abandon. They are happy between the 76 or 125 seater. Watch the feet. I appreciate your optimism and would like to hope for "more metal".

Boo freaking Hoo.....it says Delta on the side of your jet....get over it!! Besides, I'm sure you really miss those DC-9's

Boo freaking Hoo.....it says Delta on the side of your jet....get over it!! Besides, I'm sure you really miss those DC-9's

they're mainline planes so you should miss them too :cool: Sure would be nice to have those old 737s yall used to have instead of hundreds of RJ's as well.

the more mainline jets with DELTA on the side the better

I miss the DC-9's. I miss it when every single jet with a Northwest paint job was flown by a Northwest pilot. At one point Northwest had 200+ DC-9's and paid its DC-9 pilots more money than Southwest 737 pilots. Who needs another 2000+ pilots on our seniority list anyway?

Latest resources

Back