Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AAflyer said:
Hi GL,

Just took DAL out of DAB again all the way through to MSP. They apoligized for not putting me in first on the DAB-ATL leg, and then got first and very nice service from ATL-MSP.. Great ride!

Take Care,

AA

Good. Welcome anytime.

Bye Bye--General Lee

G4G5 said:
Dizel8 is absolutely correct.

Management knows that once the they void the pilot contract their will be some seriously ticked off commuters, looking for any reason to call in sick.

Now add in the very real possibility that Comair will meet the same fate as ASA. Commuting from DFW/DAL could be almost impossible on mainline Delta.

DAL mgt knew exactly what they were doing when they choose AA and SWA.

Again, I don't know what you are talking about. First, Love Field is not a great connection to ATL, or to many cities for Delta connections for a couple leg commute. We would probably rather pay Airtran $25 if we couldn't get a ride otherwise for free from DFW. And, what does Comair have to do with this again? They have 2 or 3 RJs a day to CVG from DFW.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General,

You must admit, that the timing is impeccable, just shortly after DAL closes down Dallas, lo and behold, unlimited jumpseats with the two carriers who are big in Dallas. In the case of SWA, you had access to the jumpseat, however, IIRC, SWA only offers unlimited to those that reply in kind.

Is G4G5 onto something? Well, I am not sure, but he does put sound reasoning behind it and perhaps there is a bit of truth in it.

If DAL can offer it to SWA and AA, then they probably could offer it every carrier, after all, the system is in place, the memos have been sent, the neccessary employees informed, just add a few more names to the list.

It looks strange and somewhat calculated on DAL, hence why I would like to hear, what DAL management or DALPA has said.

Dizel8 said:
General,

You must admit, that the timing is impeccable, just shortly after DAL closes down Dallas, lo and behold, unlimited jumpseats with the two carriers who are big in Dallas. In the case of SWA, you had access to the jumpseat, however, IIRC, SWA only offers unlimited to those that reply in kind.

Is G4G5 onto something? Well, I am not sure, but he does put sound reasoning behind it and perhaps there is a bit of truth in it.

If DAL can offer it to SWA and AA, then they probably could offer it every carrier, after all, the system is in place, the memos have been sent, the neccessary employees informed, just add a few more names to the list.

It looks strange and somewhat calculated on DAL, hence why I would like to hear, what DAL management or DALPA has said.

If WN was chosen to help DFW guys commute, where would they go from DAL Love? That doesn't make sense. I guess WN does go to LAX and SLC, but not from DAL Love. You can't fly on Southwest to CVG, ATL, or JFK. I understand why AA was picked, since that would help our guys in DFW get to all of our other hubs. But why WN? Good question. And, I will try to look into why other airlines haven't been given unlimited jumps.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Does SWA fly out of Love to places that connect with DAL, two leg commute?

Dizel8 said:
Does SWA fly out of Love to places that connect with DAL, two leg commute?

This is stretching it. I guess we could say yes here, to LIT, OKC, TUL, SAT, AUS, HOU etc. But, I highly doubt people would go to that extreme, at Love Field. Maybe if they lived close to Love they could park their car there and try a two leg commute.....Maybe....Doubtful though....but maybe.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
This is stretching it. I guess we could say yes here, to LIT, OKC, TUL, SAT, AUS, HOU etc. But, I highly doubt people would go to that extreme, at Love Field. Maybe if they lived close to Love they could park their car there and try a two leg commute.....Maybe....Doubtful though....but maybe.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Try commuting on flights that average 90+ load factors and lots of commuters. Someone often gets left behind. I'll take a sure bet 2 leg commute over an uncertain 1 leg any day.

Besides, It's Love field. Far superior to DFW. ;)

General Lee said:
Just read that starting November 15th Delta and AA will have unlimited jumpseats.(on eachother) That will help our ex DFW based commuters and help the AA guys/gals get to ATL or CVG. (Wow!?) So, for those of you keeping track, we now have unlimited jumpseats for any DCI, Southwest, and now AA pilot starting Nov 15th. I hope more will be signed up soon. I have no idea why we can't just do it with everyone.....????

Bye Bye--General Lee

You are incorrect sir - DCI does NOT have unlimited jumpseats, only SWA & AA. DCI is limited to the actual number of A/C jumpseat (1 or 2), just as we are when we ride on them. This is a reciprocal agreement.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back