DL/AA flowback jumpseat NOV 15th

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

General Lee

Just read that starting November 15th Delta and AA will have unlimited jumpseats.(on eachother) That will help our ex DFW based commuters and help the AA guys/gals get to ATL or CVG. (Wow!?) So, for those of you keeping track, we now have unlimited jumpseats for any DCI, Southwest, and now AA pilot starting Nov 15th. I hope more will be signed up soon. I have no idea why we can't just do it with everyone.....????

Bye Bye--General Lee

Thanks for the info. That is good news, hopefully CAL will be on that list soon.

"That will help our ex DFW based commuters"

Hence why it happened. SWA and AA, hmmm, see a pattern?

What is good for the DAL pilots, is good for the DAL pilots!

Of course, DAL is in Ch.11 and the pilots have bigger issues, yet, they managed to solve this issue right quick.

So General, when will this be coming to all the other airlines that give DAL pilots unlimited seats?

Last edited:
Dizel8 said:
"That will help our ex DFW based commuters"

Hence why it happened. SWA and AA, hmmm, see a pattern?

What is good for the DAL pilots, is good for the DAL pilots!

Of course, DAL is in Ch.11 and the pilots have bigger issues, yet, they managed to solve this issue right quick.

So General, when will this be coming to all the other airlines that give DAL pilots unlimited seats?

I think what that means is that if we allready have jumpseater, even if there are many empty seats in the back and even if the physical jumpseat is not occupied, we cannot allow a Delta pilot to jumpseat isnt that what that means....I thought so

tico said:
I think what that means is that if we allready have jumpseater, even if there are many empty seats in the back and even if the physical jumpseat is not occupied, we cannot allow a Delta pilot to jumpseat isnt that what that means....I thought so

I am sorry, but you lost me!

Tico,

If there are any seats in the back, you can put as many Delta pilots back there as you want. Same for our planes with AA or WN pilots.

Dizel8,

I hope we allow that for everyone. I see what you are saying about AA and WN being based in Dallas, but WN wouldn't help with a jumpseat to ATL or CVG. (Maybe SLC or LA bases) Remember that Wright Ammendment thing for WN and DAL Love field? Yeah, you do. I hope unlimited comes for everyone soon.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General,

Well, I am sure you can jump on SWA to someplace that connects with DAL:)

I am curious, and not in a condescending way, why the flow back with SWA and AA happened, yet it appears that getting anyone else on that list could take months. If DAL can add AA, SWA why could they not at the same time add UAL, CAL etc.?

You know more about these workings than I do, so out of curiosity, what is the hold up, what is DALPA saying, management?

Hi GL,

Just took DAL out of DAB again all the way through to MSP. They apoligized for not putting me in first on the DAB-ATL leg, and then got first and very nice service from ATL-MSP.. Great ride!

Take Care,

AA

Dizel8 is absolutely correct.

Management knows that once the they void the pilot contract their will be some seriously ticked off commuters, looking for any reason to call in sick.

Now add in the very real possibility that Comair will meet the same fate as ASA. Commuting from DFW/DAL could be almost impossible on mainline Delta.

DAL mgt knew exactly what they were doing when they choose AA and SWA.

This thread reminds me of the motel I passed on the way to my layover hotel this evening. It advertised that the property now featured color tv. Congratulations!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back