DL 767-400: Payload Optimization vs. the Nonrev

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

slapstick

I'm buddy passing a friend to Santiago, Chile. Anyone have any ideas as to how many seats can be blocked out when a flight is payload optimized? ie: for a flight with 15 open seats, might that mean that no standbys are accomodated?

Thanks in advance.

Depends on the freight.

I have seen freight loads of upwards of 30K (just papayas) coming out of some of the South America cities, but that is usually out of Brazil. I havent seen heavy freight loads coming out of SCL - doesnt mean they're not there, just havent seen em.

I'm buddy passing a friend to Santiago, Chile. Anyone have any ideas as to how many seats can be blocked out when a flight is payload optimized? ie: for a flight with 15 open seats, might that mean that no standbys are accomodated?
When a flight is payload optimized, there aren't a fixed number of seats blocked - it just means that they want to get every last bit of passengers and freight on-board. Everyone (dispatch, fueling, cargo, gate agents, etc) involved carefully plans the maximum weight that is allowed. It usually means no non-revs because it's tight.

When a flight is payload optimized, there aren't a fixed number of seats blocked - it just means that they want to get every last bit of passengers and freight on-board. Everyone (dispatch, fueling, cargo, gate agents, etc) involved carefully plans the maximum weight that is allowed. It usually means no non-revs because it's tight.

Payload optimized doesn't always mean no non-revs. But it does mean that if they have to choose between revenue paying cargo and a non-revenue passenger.....the cargo goes first.

thanks for the responses. I guess what I really want to know is roughly how large of an impact this might have on this plane/route. for example, if there were 20 seats available on a -400ER, would this be risky to nonrev on a payload optimized flight?

Latest resources

Back