• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

DL 767-400: Payload Optimization vs. the Nonrev

slapstick

Total Time
I'm buddy passing a friend to Santiago, Chile. Anyone have any ideas as to how many seats can be blocked out when a flight is payload optimized? ie: for a flight with 15 open seats, might that mean that no standbys are accomodated?

Thanks in advance.

dispatchguy

Dad is my favorite title
Total Time
NIL
Depends on the freight.

I have seen freight loads of upwards of 30K (just papayas) coming out of some of the South America cities, but that is usually out of Brazil. I havent seen heavy freight loads coming out of SCL - doesnt mean they're not there, just havent seen em.

iaflyer

Haulin the folks...
Total Time
I'm buddy passing a friend to Santiago, Chile. Anyone have any ideas as to how many seats can be blocked out when a flight is payload optimized? ie: for a flight with 15 open seats, might that mean that no standbys are accomodated?
When a flight is payload optimized, there aren't a fixed number of seats blocked - it just means that they want to get every last bit of passengers and freight on-board. Everyone (dispatch, fueling, cargo, gate agents, etc) involved carefully plans the maximum weight that is allowed. It usually means no non-revs because it's tight.

michael707767

Total Time
When a flight is payload optimized, there aren't a fixed number of seats blocked - it just means that they want to get every last bit of passengers and freight on-board. Everyone (dispatch, fueling, cargo, gate agents, etc) involved carefully plans the maximum weight that is allowed. It usually means no non-revs because it's tight.

Payload optimized doesn't always mean no non-revs. But it does mean that if they have to choose between revenue paying cargo and a non-revenue passenger.....the cargo goes first.

slapstick

Total Time
thanks for the responses. I guess what I really want to know is roughly how large of an impact this might have on this plane/route. for example, if there were 20 seats available on a -400ER, would this be risky to nonrev on a payload optimized flight?