Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

lumax

question for dispatchers,

I have been flying for a part 121 operator and I am thinking about taking the dispatcher exam, ADX test. Since I am current, can I just go to an FBO and take the test or do I need some sort of sign off from an instructor/FAA?
Second, is there a practical exam as well or is it just the written and you are good to go?
Third, is Alaska hiring any dispatchers? I know I've asked this before but has anything changed with the addition of cities such as ATL?

Gracias

Alaska is NOT hiring, nor will they be in the foreseeable future...

Let's just put it this way, the Alaska Air Group (AS/QX) will not be hiring in forseeable future!

thanks for the information.
As far as ALK, with the just announced reduction and pilot furloughs, does it look like there will be furloughs in dispatch?

thanks for the information.
As far as ALK, with the just announced reduction and pilot furloughs, does it look like there will be furloughs in dispatch?

Not from what I hear. However "little brother" has furloughed 20% of it's dispatch staff. Likely more to follow.

Work load is pretty high and going to get worse with more ETOPS flights and east coast. They say no furloughs planned but that could all change.

Latest resources

Back