• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

dispatch license requirements

lumax

Total Time
question for dispatchers,

I have been flying for a part 121 operator and I am thinking about taking the dispatcher exam, ADX test. Since I am current, can I just go to an FBO and take the test or do I need some sort of sign off from an instructor/FAA?
Second, is there a practical exam as well or is it just the written and you are good to go?
Third, is Alaska hiring any dispatchers? I know I've asked this before but has anything changed with the addition of cities such as ATL?

Gracias

onewithwings

Total Time
14 yrs
Alaska is NOT hiring, nor will they be in the foreseeable future...

Let's just put it this way, the Alaska Air Group (AS/QX) will not be hiring in forseeable future!

lumax

Total Time
thanks for the information.
As far as ALK, with the just announced reduction and pilot furloughs, does it look like there will be furloughs in dispatch?

onewithwings

Total Time
14 yrs
thanks for the information.
As far as ALK, with the just announced reduction and pilot furloughs, does it look like there will be furloughs in dispatch?

Not from what I hear. However "little brother" has furloughed 20% of it's dispatch staff. Likely more to follow.

S5Dispatch

Total Time
Work load is pretty high and going to get worse with more ETOPS flights and east coast. They say no furloughs planned but that could all change.