• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CLR2LAN

Comming soon..real soon.
Lets discuss this.

Have any mechanics ever found a hobbs switch? I was thinking about taking the panel off said plane and cutting either of the two (assuming two) wires to the meter and installing an inline switch behind the panel. Is this something that would be reported during an annual? Will it raise any red flags in the ticker itsself?

clickclickboom said:
What legitimate reason would you have to do that?

Legitimate - your kidding right? I was looking for serious information on this subject matter.

ps, this is a late 1960's model cessna

Last edited:
If the hobbs meter is the type that runs when the aircraft has oil presure you could just drain all the oil out of the engine.

Wiggums said:
If the hobbs meter is the type that runs when the aircraft has oil presure you could just drain all the oil out of the engine.

No wonder you got hired to fly lears - you're so smart. I was trying to do this in such a way that wouldn't create a hazard to the houses/property below.

Click - take a guess why you'd want to disconnect the hobbs meter - it should take someone of Wiggums intelligence level to figure that one out. Can we please *try* and stick to the techincal points of this discussion.

CLR2LAN said:
Lets discuss this.

Have any mechanics ever found a hobbs switch? I was thinking about taking the panel off said plane and cutting either of the two (assuming two) wires to the meter and installing an inline switch behind the panel. Is this something that would be reported during an annual? Will it raise any red flags in the ticker itsself?

Wrong forum. 135-Cargo Freight would get u the answer..

PacoPollo said:
Wrong forum. 135-Cargo Freight would get u the answer..

Thanks for the heads up, i'll probably really post it there once i'm done getting flamed here.

There is already a switch....just find the circuit breaker it is attached to......and.....you'll figure out the rest........

Latest resources

Back