• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Dirty Tricks From Whipsaw City, part 1

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So can DAC buy the CA airplanes/contracts and give them to Flexjet instead? Not saying I want this to happen just wondering if that's going to be the next move by KR.

So can DAC buy the CA airplanes/contracts and give them to Flexjet instead? Not saying I want this to happen just wondering if that's going to be the next move by KR.

Probably not because the IBT 1108 has contract language that states that if DAC buys any other air carrier that does fractional flying it has to be done by IBT1108 pilots. So eventually a merger of the lists will occur in our big happy "family".

Looks like CA will be Avantair part 2 now.

Yea and you wil be stuck preflighting your flops b.j.per the thread below with no hopes of transitioning to the mighty citations anytime soon.

:bawling:

Hope your "family" has a nice weekend.

It looks like the IBT 1108 said NO to the proposal from Flight Options management to the deal offered to take the aircraft from CS and leave the pilots behind.

And I pay dues why? We just left 85 furloughed pilots on the street. I see a de-cert vote in the near future.

And I pay dues why? We just left 85 furloughed pilots on the street. I see a de-cert vote in the near future.

Hey! It wasn't the unions fault. They're just following the law.

They said.

You really are a piece of work.

You show up on flight info in 2008 to push the POS offer from Flight Options management to accept a one page agreement when we had 50 pilots RIFed. Then you disappear for 5 years and show up now pissed that the IBT1108 didn't bite at Kenn's Trojen horse offer and pretend to care about the furloughed pilots.

Now you want a de-cert vote. I am willing to bet you are one of the management stooges that signed the petition to take the deal.

How about it are you "engine plug" or one of the pilot pushers from OCC? Or maybe the former pilot pusher that pushed just a little too much.

While this issue brought out a lot of emotions among the FO pilots in the end the union executives took the advice of the lawyers and used their heads.

It will never happen. Pilots may not be happy with everything about the 1108 but there still is a bigger lack of trust with mgt.

Im not sure many want to go back to the days of the 3am wake up calls or the intimidation when calling fatigue or sick.

IBT 1108 Union lawyers say that that McCaskill-Bond would apply so no deal without pilot integration.

Now FO management has to decide to do the deal with Citation and take the pilots as well as the aircraft.

M-B does not apply if the aircraft are either returned to the leasing company (if any) or sold. Good luck, but hanging on to a listing ship is never a good idea, particularly when its keel is starting to show.

Bob

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back