Dirty Tricks From Whipsaw City, part 1

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seems straight forward to me ...

FlOps is buying assets not the operation. How is this any different than buying the aircraft through a broker other than a desire of the customers (owners) to maintain their service?

Welcome to life.

Bob

What is the "real" reason Ricci doesn't want to merge the two pilot groups? Is it that CA pilots have a better contract and that would apply at FO and increase costs over there?

Either way he gets the airplanes and owners plus the benefit of one less industry "competitor" so why is he so hell bent on keeping CA pilots away from FO?

KR says, "Citation Air over 9 months by gradually transferring 19 of its aircraft to our fleet"

Which aircraft would those be beyond the Citation Xs? Would he introduce a new aircraft type like the Sovereign to the FO fleet?

Good luck to all involved!

KR says, "Citation Air over 9 months by gradually transferring 19 of its aircraft to our fleet"

Which aircraft would those be beyond the Citation Xs? Would he introduce a new aircraft type like the Sovereign to the FO fleet?

Good luck to all involved!

I would guess the Xs to augment the FO X fleet, and the XLSs to replace the exiting Hawkers. The Sovereign is too close to the X in profile and would cannibalize customers, in my opinion, same with the CJ3s and the Phenoms. But that's all just a guess. You can bet he'll take the ones he can make the most money on.

Any CA guys who can tell us present fleet numbers?

Always terrible and shocking to the system when you get a layoff or a long wind-down. I've had a few myself. Can't sugar-coat it. That said, seems like the airlines are hiring quite a bit and there are some new charter operators that would likely appreciate the CS pilots and their experience (new Jet Aviation/Vistajet Global operation and Wheels Up).

Someone else on these boards mentioned that Spirit is hiring big time (evidently a couple of CS pilots have been hired recently) and upgrade can be as short as 2-3 years on the Airbus! If I were a current CS pilot I'd be sending my app out to Spirit, JB and the legacies pronto...

Just remember, when one door closes, other doors open. Stay positive. I wouldn't want to be on the bottom of the new Flexioptionshares Frankenstein company anyway - talk about being ripe for whipsawing...

Spirit seems to have no problem with the fractional guys. I can think of nearly a dozen former Flight Options and Avantair guys here...

It is hard for me to think about the idea that pilots employed by our competitors, who were not successful in the market place, would somehow get priority over our own group of furloughed pilots, who have been loyal to Flight Options and could now benefit from that loyalty.

Just think, those same Pilots who were "not successful in the marketplace" are going to be training your pilots. Aren't you afraid of the virus spreading? :blush:

As you know, one of the fundamental principles of Flight Options is to treat our employees as family and the time is quickly approaching when we will be able to help our family. I have been waiting and working for 5 years to get to this point.

Be careful who you entrust your family to. I heard there's a bunch of dirty old man perverts over there at Citationshares.

:pimp:

Ricci sounds like a first class PRICK to me.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back