Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SCT said:
Horse,

I was just thinking the same thing. Why don't you guys argue using PMs?

I am not responding any longer to his posts, so it is over as far as I'm concerned...however, I attempted twice through PM's for him to take it off the board so no one had to "listen" to it. Obviously, he never accepted the offer. The End.

The only approach that I like to use into ASE now is the RNAV Z. Much better than the LOC and works like a charm at night. The worst part about that place is the de-ice bill, ouch. Although the skiing makes it worthwhile.

I don't get out much these days, but.....

TEB for traffic. But the winner is BKL. 50% for the weather and the other half for the CLE controllers. Try going missed there and listen to the hilarity!!

Dropped in there last winter with a half a million visability (OK, maybe 20, but hey, it was clear) then the runway just disappeared!! Lake snow or flesh eating ebola, something like that. You would have thought I called in a pizza order for the confusion that it seemed to cause.

Or maybe it's just me.

MissKittyKat said:
TGU? Teguigalpa? (sp)

Gotta agree on that one, while Telluride ranks up there, I would have to say Tegulcigalpa is one of the most hazardous; an uneven 6,100 ft strip at 3,300 ft altititude in the middle of the city surrounded by mountains that rise up to 7,500ft. served by VOR or NDB approaches with 2,300 ft circle to land only minimums. Come to think of it, every approach, even VFR, is a circle. At least the controllers are co-operative; the weather is never reported worse than "2,400 broken, visibility 4" ;) ;) :eek:

I say Quito, Bogota, Cali, and Mexico City are challenging airports. I don't find major airports in the US challenging, unless I am taxiing at a busy airport with a drunk captain.

Latest resources

Back