• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Did the Mesa CEO Really Say This....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And I blame the azzholes in National ALPA not have an actionable plan to limit the supply of pilots. Anyone with 50K can be an RJ pilot someday. Ask yourself this: why are nurses salaries increase so much in recent years? Its because nursing school can't train enough nurses to fill the jobs. Maybe national ALPA can start lobbying for fewer and more strict flight schools. Fewer outputs of student pilots will increase the pay for all pilots!

That is an apples and oranges comparison. Pilot certification is a federal issue, nurse certification is a state certification. Its not that states are limiting number of nurses, its just they are very much in demand.

I dont want the federal goverment meddling to limit numbers of pilots. One thing that is great about this country is the opportunities we have compared to other countries.

I am pretty sure people that have this idea, already have their licenses, and then they like the idea of trying to artificially limit the number.

Its the pilot communities own fault for so many pilots being willing to accept starvation wages, its not the governments fault. Should the federal government get involved in every type of business to limit number of workers?

I didnt say that its the govt fault. The govt couldn't careless. And, in case you dont already know, there are only two ways new laws are made (sad, but true). 1) A bunch of people died, and its all over CNN. 2) you hire a lobbist to scratch the politicians backs. So, IMHO, ALPA is here to protect the ACTIVE airline members, not future airline pilots. Wanna-bes can have their own lobbying group, but ALPA-PAC should at least have a plan to limit the supply side of pilots. And no, I dont think that this is elitist. There are all kinds of lawyers and MDs from all different backgrounds. But ask any of them, they will be the first to tell you that their LSAT and MCAT are fairly irrilevent to what they do.

Well atleast J.O. is not pulling a Circuit City and firing people because they make to much money.

Just Give J.O. time, he will do that too. He fuk'ed us at Westair over because he felt we were "High Paid Prima Donnas" (And at the time the MESA pilot group did too)(But they finally came around)

So...Screw J.O., Screw MESA (not ment at the pilot group)

Excuse me whlie I send a FAX to Phoenix. While I'm at it I'll send one to Farmington

He dosen't have any applications right now, so by his own words, he's not paying us enough.

Attrition numbers from Mesa:
Dec - 55
Jan - 34
Feb - 62
Mar - 70
The pilots are talking with thier feet.

Contract Neg's start in September, and this staffing problem couldn't come at a better time for the pilot group. This will be one of our BIGGEST allies in the fight for a GOOD contract.

Fix it or Burn it.

Crew cancelations in the last intergration was the higest it has been in a while. Like 4 years acording to my union rep.

I also hear that one of the J4J guys then asked him about is felony conviction. JO just stormed out of the room. He couldn't really fire them because they weren't regular new hires and were guaranteed their jobs.

Worked with some of these ex Mesa/MidAtlantic Capts at Republic last year. Several who were there all told me the same story about JO's statement about applications and getting ticked off when asked about his convictions.

Gotta love those J4J guys......crusty old salts.....but they don't take crap from anybody.....

I have heard from several people that Jon Ornstein really said...

"Pilots paychecks are too high at Mesa. Because as long as pilots keep applying, were paying too much. Once people stop accepting positions here, that's when we'll know the pay is just right."

Is it true?

If it is, the man deserves things done to him that should not be written on a public internet forum.

Latest resources

Back