• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Did the Mesa CEO Really Say This....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I spoke to "someone" that said they didn't have to interview at Mesa because the class numbers were low. Mesa called and asked when they could be there the following week. Has anyone else heard this?

Didn't Mesa use to charge to interview? BTW, Pinnacle is hiring 200 hour pilots. Supply and demand.

I personally know one person who was hired no questions asked over the phone. And a friend who is a captain there who has gotton two people hired on the spot over the phone.

Aren't there airline(s) out there giving signing bonus' and referral $$ to pilots? Supply and demand baby!!! Hopefully we will start to see the DEMAND side of that soon!!!

p.s. I would TOTALLY hump JO's daughter (in a very angry way) How old is she?

rumor has it - YES, I was told a similar version and that he said it to one of the first Mesa J4J classes (furloughed U guys) in 2003 or there about.

I also hear that one of the J4J guys then asked him about is felony conviction. JO just stormed out of the room. He couldn't really fire them because they weren't regular new hires and were guaranteed their jobs.

He dosen't have any applications right now, so by his own words, he's not paying us enough.

Attrition numbers from Mesa:
Dec - 55
Jan - 34
Feb - 62
Mar - 70
The pilots are talking with thier feet.

Contract Neg's start in September, and this staffing problem couldn't come at a better time for the pilot group. This will be one of our BIGGEST allies in the fight for a GOOD contract.

Fix it or Burn it.

He dosen't have any applications right now, so by his own words, he's not paying us enough.

Attrition numbers from Mesa:
Dec - 55
Jan - 34
Feb - 62
Mar - 70
The pilots are talking with thier feet.

Contract Neg's start in September, and this staffing problem couldn't come at a better time for the pilot group. This will be one of our BIGGEST allies in the fight for a GOOD contract.

Fix it or Burn it.

You're right! Good Luck to you folks!!

As long as he's pulling down millions in salary and bonuses, I guarantee you he couldn't give a rats ass how many pilots are leaving, or how many code shares we tick off.

If the B.O.D. calls him in and says shape up your company, things will change, but not before.

So I'm not optimistic about contract talks. Eventually the pilot shortage will sort itself out . . CEO's know this, and will drag out talks until this will no longer be leverage.

BTW . . . who cares about pay? I just want a good nights sleep and a few days off.

Yes, as recently as a year ago Mesa was charging the applicant 50 dollars to interview.

That is just criminal...........

Latest resources

Back