Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Did JBLU a320 land with 1000 pounds fuel?

• Thread starter buttercup
  • Start date
  • Watchers 27

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, what would have been fair, would be to assist them in meeting the requirements, heck, go after the military, 135 operators, flight schools etc., but to catapult the minorities to the top of the hill, nope seems less than proper.

But to drop the requirement to 250 TT is obscene and I doubt any white males was hired with those mins.

Dizel8 said:
Well, what would have been fair, would be to assist them in meeting the requirements, heck, go after the military, 135 operators, flight schools etc., but to catapult the minorities to the top of the hill, nope seems less than proper.

But to drop the requirement to 250 TT is obscene and I doubt any white males was hired with those mins.

Exactly. Couldnt agree more.

Andy said:
That practice was not restricted to Yonited. I had female and minority friends at other majors. After they were hired, they were asked by HR if they knew of any other minorities interested in working for DAL/NWAC/AMR/etc.

This is a widespread practice. If an average white guy is pissed about it, I'd suggest that they take a look at the percentage of female and minority pilots. Getting worked up over such a small number is not worth the effort.

And for the record, I'm as white as Wonder Bread.

Me too....so we must be "super qualified" seeing that so many "qualified" white guys were passed over for undeserving minorities. I hear whining and it's not coming from a jet engine.......

Andy said:
That practice was not restricted to Yonited. I had female and minority friends at other majors. After they were hired, they were asked by HR if they knew of any other minorities interested in working for DAL/NWAC/AMR/etc.

This is a widespread practice. If an average white guy is pissed about it, I'd suggest that they take a look at the percentage of female and minority pilots. Getting worked up over such a small number is not worth the effort.

And for the record, I'm as white as Wonder Bread.

Sure, it's a wide spread practice but it was more so practiced at UAL. Like you say there Andy, if the average white guy is pissed about it....sure, he could look at the percentages involved. It's not percentages that we should be concerned with, but the fact that it happened the way it did at UAL and others. Dont get me wrong, I understand the concept of quotas........but quotas were originally designed for a company to hire minorities of equal or greater qualifications to that of another candidate. I think UAL took it too far though by hiring folks right out of college.

Consider this............when conducting an interview, isnt it fair to ask the same type of questions to candidates and expect the appropriate answers??? If thats so, I am still at a loss in understanding how an interviewer could ask a candidate questions pertaining to experience gained and situations regarding a 2 or 3 man/woman crew to a person who has only flown single pilot in a small twin engine aircraft. Isnt the interview being tailored to help someone get hired with little experience???? Is THAT right???Again, not percentages that we should be concerned with as much as the fact that the above happens.

Reality check!
When I went to SIU in Carbondale in the early 90's, They seldom hired any minority pilots from the internship for United. Thats because the school made a sytematic effort to fire most minorites under suspious reasons so they could'nt qualify for the United internship to get hired in the first place. But the school bragged so much about having a great UAL Minority Intern Program . Reality is most of those hired in the internship at least at my school was White, & female. Check the school records, it speaks for it self.

Pan1900 said:
Reality check!
When I went to SIU in Carbondale in the early 90's, They seldom hired any minority pilots from the internship for United. Thats because the school made a sytematic effort to fire most minorites under suspious reasons so they could'nt qualify for the United internship to get hired in the first place. But the school bragged so much about having a great UAL Minority Intern Program . Reality is most of those hired in the internship at least at my school was White, & female. Check the school records, it speaks for it self.

Thats great about your school. What about everyone elses???? Thats reality.

32LT10 said:
Please if you are going to get a gift please get at least 570 of them. My new hire mates would appreciate the thought. I hope that answers your question.

Then I will say to you sir "Thanks for standing up and showing that Unions used to be professional pilots, and integrity meant something!!!" Hopefully soon we can return to brotherhood, all pulling in one direction, and not throat cutting.

Latest resources

Back