Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Did JBLU a320 land with 1000 pounds fuel?

• Thread starter buttercup
  • Start date
  • Watchers 27

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
B

buttercup

This message is not meant as flamebait so please dont take it that way. I was in a hotel business center dressed in civvys and there were two JBLU pilots in civvys as well. They were talking about how recently one of their A320s landed with 1000 pounds of fuel on board and both pilots were fired. The CVR was pullled and they talked about "ditching it in the lake by Buffalo" if they ran out of fuel. ANy JBLU guys care to elaborate on this, I tend to believe the validity of this as the pilots were talking about it in somewhat detail. Can any JBLU pilots elaborate or care to elabortae?

You can't pull the CVR unless there was an accident, right?

A CVR cannot be used in a certificate action unless there is an accident, but I know for certain of management (not JBLU) downloading the data off both the CVR and the FDR to examine a little closer certain "unusual" flights and have used that as background information to act on in seeking a PIC's termination.

Not how its supposed to happen, I know, but it does happen...

as214 said:
This message is not meant as flamebait so please dont take it that way. I was in a hotel business center dressed in civvys and there were two JBLU pilots in civvys as well. They were talking about how recently one of their A320s landed with 1000 pounds of fuel on board and both pilots were fired. The CVR was pullled and they talked about "ditching it in the lake by Buffalo" if they ran out of fuel. ANy JBLU guys care to elaborate on this, I tend to believe the validity of this as the pilots were talking about it in somewhat detail. Can any JBLU pilots elaborate or care to elabortae?

What's your concern -- that they should not have been fired?

SWA/FO said:
You can't pull the CVR unless there was an accident, right?

I know they can be pulled for an incident as well.

shon7 said:
What's your concern -- that they should not have been fired?

No because they were saying that the Captain on that flight was the same guy who made national headlines for the great landing in LAX with the side-lodged nosewheel. I don't like to see anyone get fired this industry is tough enough, I'm just curious as to if anyone knows the real story because pilots have a tendency to exaggerate!

as214 said:
No because they were saying that the Captain on that flight was the same guy who made national headlines for the great landing in LAX with the side-lodged nosewheel. I don't like to see anyone get fired this industry is tough enough, I'm just curious as to if anyone knows the real story because pilots have a tendency to exaggerate!

Relax, it's total fantasy. No one's landed with 1k, no one's been fired, and that pilot is fine and busy flying the line as usual.

Red

I didn't seen anything onine in the BUF paper about an emergency being declared. It's hard to believe with that little amount of fuel they WOUDN'T HAVE DECLARED...but wouldn't believe they'd have gotten down to 1000 lbs of fuel either.

Something is not right here. I haven't flown the A320, but I would think 500 lbs a side is very close to imminent flame out

Latest resources

Back