Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Did JBLU a320 land with 1000 pounds fuel?

• Thread starter buttercup
  • Start date
  • Watchers 27

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know at FedEx, management wants to use CVR's in the future for displinary actions against a few "cowboys" - can't imagine the FAA/ALPA allowing this.

sandman2122 said:
I know at FedEx, management wants to use CVR's in the future for displinary actions against a few "cowboys" - can't imagine the FAA/ALPA allowing this.

The FAA could care less -- there are no regs against such use. ALPA carriers usually have language prohibiting CVR/FDR data being used for disciplanary action.

For the record - it was two voted off the island after the 9/11 deeper background checks revealed some rather interesting unrevealed information. I was sad to see one of them leave only because he was our barometer of just how much you could regularly screw up and still keep your job.

I now return you to your regular scheduled flame baiting...

32LT10 said:
I don't doubt the 1000lb landing. Heck that is a ton of fuel in a Cessna and based on the experience level they probably thought they had plenty ;)

Some of the pilots at your airline hired in the 90's should be reaching 5000TT by now. ;)

Last edited:
AKAAB said:
For the record - it was two voted off the island after the 9/11 deeper background checks revealed some rather interesting unrevealed information. I was sad to see one of them leave only because he was our barometer of just how much you could regularly screw up and still keep your job.

I now return you to your regular scheduled flame baiting...

What this..Captain "Belly" got fired???

IB6 UB9 said:
Some of the pilots at your airline hired in the 90's should be reaching 5000TT by now. ;)

Well you could ask one of them yourself how much time she has. She is a JBLU pilot NOW. And to be more accurate the EEOC hiring was 88-91.

J32driver said:
How many times do we have to tell you... don't be bitter, just reapply in 6 months ;)

HA HA HA. Ugh, I wonder if JBLU will be in business in 6 months. When is the scaleback coming? Going to reign in some of that irrational expansion?

I have a good feeling that there will be some major reshuffling of the flying that JBLU is doing. Some pull outs of city pairs and some complete withdrawl in some markets all together. Those hired this year may just be on the streets in the next year.

32LT10 said:
HA HA HA. Ugh, I wonder if JBLU will be in business in 6 months. When is the scaleback coming? Going to reign in some of that irrational expansion?

I have a good feeling that there will be some major reshuffling of the flying that JBLU is doing. Some pull outs of city pairs and some complete withdrawl in some markets all together. Those hired this year may just be on the streets in the next year.

Hey let me know what stocks you like too....I wanna short them.

32LT10 said:
I don't doubt the 1000lb landing. Heck that is a ton of fuel in a Cessna and based on the experience level they probably thought they had plenty ;)

Do they make seats large enough for an A$$ this big? What a jerk!

Latest resources

Back