Did ALPA get religion on alter egos?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
and the squabbling continues......

another version of As the Air Line Pilot Profession Turns....

Stayed tuned for next episodes exciting build up to next months USAPA crescendo!!!

and the squabbling continues......

another version of As the Air Line Pilot Profession Turns....

Stayed tuned for next episodes exciting build up to next months USAPA crescendo!!!

.....this message brought to you by ALPA....the union that blames it's membership for it's own failures.....

....pass the popcorn please.....

.....this message brought to you by ALPA....the union that blames it's membership for it's own failures.....

....pass the popcorn please.....

Hey butter fingers....

Stop watching your beloved hero's Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson....and answer this:

Why did you get involved in ALPA? And what happened?

A. Did ALPA not meet your expectations?

B. Did ALPA suddenly have a massive paradigm shift and morph into a totally different organization?

C. A and B

Last edited:
A few years ago I was scratching my head over the dues money my union had to spend to defend against a frivolous lawsuit filed by a bunch of booger-eating RJDC losers...who were members of the same union!

Do you have daughters? The reason I asked is that whenever you get angry, you start talking like a 10 year old girl.

Of course, we could not have sued for Duty of Fair Representation if we weren't members of the same union. That is self evident.

But if you look at the ratio of lawyers involved, I suspect ALPA outspent the RJDC by about 10 to 1 or multi millions of dollars. Try to think of it as a totally unnesessary expense for ALPA brought about by Duane Woerth and his gang of corrupt mainline cronies as they mismanage a once proud organization into the ditch.

Here's my projection for you - all of ALPA's foot stomping over British Airways will come to nothing. BA management knows that ALPA is complicit with US airline management in facilitating the alter ego debacle in this country.

Where do you think BA got the idea that job security is for sale by the mainliners? All airline managments go to the same seminar and talk amongst themselves.

The informational picketing is just show business.

Last edited:
Do you have daughters? The reason I asked is that whenever you get angry, you start talking like a 10 year old girl.

Although not an excuse... if you act like a 10 year old..prepare to be treated like one..

Here's my projection for you - all of ALPA's foot stomping over British Airways will come to nothing.

And yet ALPA is dumb enough to do it... if they'd only listen to you...

BA management knows that ALPA is complicit with US airline management in facilitating the alter ego debacle in this country. Where do you think BA got the idea that job security is for sale by the mainliners? All airline managments go to the same seminar and talk amongst themselves.

Right.... cause alter ego isn't going on in other parts of the world... all the world is looking to the US..

The informational picketing is just show business.

And what was the RJDC?

A righteous act only understood by a few... that is called a cult...

IT has to start sometime....

Did the US get religion on slavery too late?

Did the US get religion on womens rights? What about that old woman who wanted to vote all her life only to die just before it became law?
A stretch maybe????

So ASA and CMR scope didn't cover ASA and CMR flying....but Mesa and TSA had scope language that covered their flying......This I got'a hear.....

What is the status of any TSA scope grievance regarding GoJet? Did Mesa file a Freedom grievance?
Isn't the "ownership" of the TSA/GoJet flying really that of their mainline partner according to you...???

The MESA pilots paid dearly to get Freedom back on our list! This was part of our last (2nd) contract many pricks dont understand....among others. I would also like you to know that only about half of those pilots were MESA the other half were furloghed USAir and United pilots....but that point always seems to get lost.

Alter Ego - GOJet aka Lindberg?

B. ALTER EGO POLICY
SOURCE ‑ Board 1980

1. When the management or stockholders of one airline company form another company for the purpose of creating a separate airline entity, it shall be called an Alter Ego company for the
purposes of this section.

2. ALPA will oppose the formation of Alter Ego airline companies and will initiate litigation at every appropriate level to either block their formation or, in the alternative, establish for collective bargaining purposes that the Alter Ego company and the original company are one and the same.

Just to clarify,

TSA Holdings, the owner of TSA, formed GOGET.

TSA apparently was a separate entity owned by TSA Holdings at the time the last contract was signed (So the arbitrator said). The TSA MEC did not have any knowledge of this when the contact was signed.

THEREFORE, TSA had no scope to flying performed by TSA Holding.

GOGET was formed with a half hearted (5 year longevity) attempt to bring TSA pilots (some with 20 years) to the new airline. This was all done during a period of very bad (to be kind) ALPA-TSA mangement relations.

Not many line pilots from the TSA list went over to GOGET. Many since have joined the joined the group including many mainline furloughs. Apparently, they didn't see a problem with working for an alter-ego.

There was a very vigerous campaign led by the TSA MEC to bring GOGET back to the TSA seniority list. It actually led to a vote of the TSA ALPA membership.

This is were it all get very confused. ALPA national said that the new scope was the cat's meow. The MEC were silent. The pilots thought that the vote was to force a final offer.

The pilots voted NO in resounding fashion (90-10).

The company said; Sorry, last chance, over, done.

I never heard of any appeals, GOGET went IBT,

B. ALTER EGO POLICY
SOURCE ‑ Board 1980

1. When the management or stockholders of one airline company form another company for the purpose of creating a separate airline entity, it shall be called an Alter Ego company for the
purposes of this section.

2. ALPA will oppose the formation of Alter Ego airline companies and will initiate litigation at every appropriate level to either block their formation or, in the alternative, establish for collective bargaining purposes that the Alter Ego company and the original company are one and the same.

Just to clarify,

TSA Holdings, the owner of TSA, formed GOGET.

TSA apparently was a separate entity owned by TSA Holdings at the time the last contract was signed (So the arbitrator said). The TSA MEC did not have any knowledge of this when the contact was signed.

THEREFORE, TSA had no scope to flying performed by TSA Holding.

GOGET was formed with a half hearted (5 year longevity) attempt to bring TSA pilots (some with 20 years) to the new airline. This was all done during a period of very bad (to be kind) ALPA-TSA mangement relations.

Not many line pilots from the TSA list went over to GOGET. Many since have joined the joined the group including many mainline furloughs. Apparently, they didn't see a problem with working for an alter-ego.

There was a very vigerous campaign led by the TSA MEC to bring GOGET back to the TSA seniority list. It actually led to a vote of the TSA ALPA membership.

This is were it all get very confused. ALPA national said that the new scope was the cat's meow. The MEC were silent. The pilots thought that the vote was to force a final offer.

The pilots voted NO in resounding fashion (90-10).

The company said; Sorry, last chance, over, done.

I never heard of any appeals, GOGET went IBT,

...very good point...In this case I believe ALPA did the right thing in advising that the TA be voted in with the scope language....The pilots voted no because of the belief that there would be a better offer....Sometimes the final offer is "final".....Democracy is a double edged sword....

Latest resources

Back