• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Diarrhea in a freighter?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I thanked God for a flushing lav coming out of the Middle East one bright and shiny morning.

Our kindly hosts the night before were nice enough to pass on a "bug" to me before I left. Let's just call it the "camel f****r virus". It started off as indigestion. No problem... here come the Tums. The indigestion turned into gas which turned into nausea and diarrhea. For 8.5 hours (roughly the distance between our point of origin in the Middle East and Spain), I was visiting the only lav on the aircraft (shared amongst 10-12 people) every few minutes. There were times I'd lock the door, and I couldn't figure out which end it was going to come out of first. Thank God we had two other pilots on board.

It took me 4 days to recover from my ordeal. I was kind enough to pass it on to my girlfriend. If you want to know pain, try getting sick (really sick), then watching your significant other go through the same thing while you hold her hair out of the toilet and wipe chunks of vomit off of her face. So, this is what my parents were talking about when they mentioned "love".

Remember to flush twice and build a toilet paper "boat" for your pooh (keeps it from sticking to the sides of the lav pot).

Skyward80

Remember to flush twice and build a toilet paper "boat" for your pooh (keeps it from sticking to the sides of the lav pot).

Skyward80
That's hilarious!!

There are some really priceless quotes in this thread, and you almost have to come back every few months and read the whole ('scuse me) thing all over again! :D

FYI...Blue Burrito in LAS immediately followed by a triple venti latte is a bad combo.

Let's see if this old favorite will go another round...

Latest resources

Back