• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DHL's MAD WORLD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Once you get them running, you stay right on top of them, and that way a small force can defeat a large one every time... Only thus can a weaker country cope with a stronger; it must make up in activity what it lacks in strength." - Gen. Stonewall Jackson

Rip-snorting, stirring stuff; but wasn't this Jackson person fighting for the Hillbilly South - the same South who got their rear-ends well and truly whipped in the mid 19th Century?

UPS pilots should realize that DHL's little test tube experiment in Wilmington Ohio is just the beginning...and if the IPA agrees to fly DHL freight they will be next.

DHL may be a customer of UPS's...but DHL will not be able to compete or beat the prices of the competitor it has hired to carry its product. That must be a great sales pitch for UPS sales reps...
If DHL is willing to lose more money & customers per year than it already is losing or lost.....there must be more to it and some kind of advantage to DHL...not UPS.

The UPS pilots are a bunch of good guys....but I'm sure they would fight hard for their jobs if they were faced with the same fate that DHL has delt to its pilots. So... you cant blame DHL guys for pulling everything out of the hat just to keep what they probably don't realize is already a lost cause.

The UPS pilot group will see whoever and whatever foreign & domestic contractor UPS/DHL can think of next on the ramp....mark my words. It will happen slowly and painfully to UPS....Just like it did for the DHL Airways(Astar) and Airborne Express pilots. DHL is no threat unless it infiltrates UPS. Yea....every airline has had an "iron clad" scope clause that has been blown to bits. Scope is just a bunch of words to be manipulated by the airline when it decides the time has come. I have not seen one pilot scope caluse that has ever held water. IPA/UPS's will be no different except it will look less like big brown and more like brown skid marks in underwear when its over.

There will be only short term gains for those suffering the age 65 bulge at UPS....followed by long term pain if they take the Appel from the tree. (pun)
Take an Astar or ABX pilots job and UPS pilots will not get much in return....except contributing to their own errosion. DHL will fail with or without UPS's help so why not make the mismanagement of Deutsche Post & DHL answer for their stupidity?

Tp be honest....I dont know if UPS is screwing DHL or DHL will end up screwing up UPS at this point.

I think the yellow virus is going to crawl up the Big Brown Hole, manifest into a monster and pop out of its chest to lay more eggs.

It should be interesting to see how it all plays out over the next few years. I hope the UPS pilot group is prepared for the pilot professions sake. The only good flying jobs left are UPS or Fed Ex.....but management has the 2 targets left in its cross hairs.

Last edited:
Rip-snorting, stirring stuff; but wasn't this Jackson person fighting for the Hillbilly South - the same South who got their rear-ends well and truly whipped in the mid 19th Century?

Hey dude...yeah it's rip snorting stuff and if you had any knowledge of battle history you'd know that had he lived, Jackson is considered by many current military scholars to be the South's only hope for victory against the North. Unfortunately he died of pneumonia, but in battle he was defeated only once at the Battle of Kernsville in 1862.

And further more....Hillbilly?.....are you friggin kiddin me?? Jackson was Westpoint educated
and well travelled before the War. I got brought to a Union concentration camp in the middle of a corn field from the great State of Kentucky and look what happened?? Hillbilly? Dude, you need to visit the local ILN Walmart if you want to see a picture associated with that word!!! I'd put my Southern Belle's up against your ILN debutantes any day!!! Those gals are tougher than a dime steak!!

You better hope you've got at least a little more Jackson and a little less McClellan in Joe Hete my friend, even though Gen. McClellan's "team" won, otherwise you'll find yourself in serious retreat mode!!

Hey dude...yeah it's rip snorting stuff and if you had any knowledge of battle history you'd know that had he lived, Jackson is considered by many current military scholars to be the South's only hope for victory against the North. Unfortunately he died of pneumonia, but in battle he was defeated only once at the Battle of Kernsville in 1862.

And further more....Hillbilly?.....are you friggin kiddin me?? Jackson was Westpoint educated
and well travelled before the War. I got brought to a Union concentration camp in the middle of a corn field from the great State of Kentucky and look what happened?? Hillbilly? Dude, you need to visit the local ILN Walmart if you want to see a picture associated with that word!!! I'd put my Southern Belle's up against your ILN debutantes any day!!! Those gals are tougher than a dime steak!!

You better hope you've got at least a little more Jackson and a little less McClellan in Joe Hete my friend, even though Gen. McClellan's "team" won, otherwise you'll find yourself in serious retreat mode!!

OH MY GOD AV8OR, you just called him dude. I did that once and his bitter butt has been on mine ever since. RUN FOR THE HILLBILLY HILLS! :laugh:

'Preciate the sentiments, but really, I think I'll take my advice on how to proceed from someone other than the individuals who stand to benefit due to my impending demise. Advice like this...

"Once you get them running, you stay right on top of them, and that way a small force can defeat a large one every time... Only thus can a weaker country cope with a stronger; it must make up in activity what it lacks in strength." - Gen. Stonewall Jackson

Amen AV8OR. Take advice from someone who mattered. There will be very few jobs "created" from this mess.

So this thread has devolved into: A)my civil war general can kick your civil war generals a$$
B) our hillbilly southern chicks are better than your ILN and SDF broads.

Did I miss anything else?

So this thread has devolved into: A)my civil war general can kick your civil war generals a$$
B) our hillbilly southern chicks are better than your ILN and SDF broads.

Did I miss anything else?

Nope. That sounds about right. Oh yeah, ya missed one thing...After doing this job for 20+ years, if I want your career advice, I'll ask for it. Pay a little better attention next time EatMe! You'll catch on.

And the SCOPE Problems begin...

IPA-UPS Discuss Scope, DHL Deal, Concern over 2 Pairings in 08-05 ANC MD-11 Bid Pack

scope_009_000.jpg
Scope issues, the proposed DHL deal and the IPA’s concern about two pairings in the ANC MD-11 bid package (08-05) were among the topics discussed at today’s Scope meeting.

The EB tells IPNN Interactive they are in disagreement with the Company over pairing #s 400 and 409 which appear on lines 7 and 8 in the MD-11 ANC Bid Package and involve SJU turns out of SDF on ANC trips.
As you may recall, last summer the Association tracked the SDF-SJU-SDF trip and found that the pairing went over eight hours a considerable amount of time. The EB cautions that the same problem still exists, it has just been moved to ANC on another fleet.
If you are an ANC MD-11 crewmember and are assigned a SJU trip and go over eight block hours, you must have 18-hour FAR rest after that duty period as per the FAR Flag Rules.
As always, if you are scheduled for under eight block hours in a duty period and your flight exceeds eight hours, let the IPA know. Email
Additionally, at the close of today’s Scope meeting, the EB requested a meeting with UPS to come up with a transition plan once the proposed DHL-UPS deal is finalized.

Latest resources

Back